Smelley in Browns training camp, July 2012
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||April 20, 1989 (age 27)|
|Place of birth:||Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Tuscaloosa (AL) American Christian|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 247|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2013|
He has also played for the Houston Texans.
Smelley was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the 7th Round, 247 overall in the 2012 NFL Draft. Brad was let go from the Cleveland Browns on August 31, 2012 and signed to the practice squad. On December 10, 2012, Smelley was signed to the Cleveland Browns active roster. On September 1, 2013, Smelley was cut by the Cleveland Browns and became a free agent.
St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams (First Stint)
Smelley was signed to the St. Louis Rams practice squad in November, but was released three days later in favor of Justice Cunningham.
St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams (Second Stint)
Smelley was signed by the St. Louis Rams on August 11, 2014 to fill the void left by Mason Brodine after he was placed on injured reserve. He was released during final cuts on August 29, 2014. He was signed to the Rams practice squad on September 3, 2014.
- "Brad Smelley Stats - Cleveland Browns - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 1989-04-20. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Zangaro, Dave (December 3, 2013). "Texans add Smelley to practice squad". CSNHouston.com. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- Wilkening, Mike (December 13, 2013). "Texans promote tight end Brad Smelley from practice squad". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- Inabinett, Mark. "Brad Smelley gets spot on St. Louis Rams practice squad". Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Simmons, Myles (January 6, 2015). "Palardy, Smelley Signed to Futures Contract". StLouisRams.com. Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Alabama Crimson Tide bio
|This biographical article relating to an American football tight end born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|