Brad Snyder (baseball)
Born: May 25, 1982|
|September 7, 2010, for the Chicago Cubs|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2014 season)
|Runs batted in||8|
|KBO statistics |
(through 2015 season)
|Runs batted in||88|
Bradley Michael Snyder (born May 25, 1982) is an American professional baseball outfielder who is currently a free agent. He was raised in Bellevue, Ohio, and attended Ball State University from 2001–2003. He played in Major League Baseball for the Chicago Cubs and Texas Rangers.
In 168 games with Ball State, Snyder hit .378 with 36 home runs and 150 RBI. He was a first team Freshman All-America selection in 2001 and a first team All-American and the Mid-American Conference Player of the Year in 2003.
He was claimed off waivers by the Chicago Cubs on September 22, 2008 and sent to minor league camp on March 29, 2009. He was limited to 74 games in 2009 due to a sprained wrist. He hit .278 with 15 HR, 47 RBI and 40 runs with Triple-A Iowa.
Snyder was called up to the Chicago Cubs on September 7, 2010 and made his major league debut the same day following a season with the AAA Iowa Cubs where he hit .308 with 25 home runs and 106 RBIs. He recorded his first major league hit in his first start, a 2-run single off of Brett Sinkbeil. In 12 games with Chicago, he hit 5-27 with 1 double, 1 run and 5 RBI.
The Cubs purchased his contract on May 29, 2011. He was designated for assignment on June 11. In 9 games with Chicago, he hit 1-9 with a run. After the 2011 season, he elected for free agency. In 102 games with Iowa in 2011, he hit .290 with 11 HR, 57 RBI and 48 runs.
On November 14, 2013 Snyder signed a minor league contract with the Texas Rangers. His contract was purchased from the Triple-A Round Rock Express on June 10, 2014 when Mitch Moreland was placed on the disabled list. He played in ten games, all as a first baseman, hitting .167. He was designated for assignment on June 24 and elected to become a free agent.
- "Brad Snyder Receives Late Call Up From Cleveland". ballstatesports.com. 2006-09-27. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Cleveland Indians: Media Guide 2007 (PDF). MLB Advanced Media. pp. pg. 245. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Gregg Beats Out Marmol for Closer Job SI.com, March 29, 2009
- Sharma, Sahadev. "Cubs place Reed Johnson on DL". ESPNChicago.com. Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- Axisa, Mike. "Cubs Designate Brad Snyder For Assignment". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- Axisa, Mike. "22 Triple-A Players Elect Free Agency". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- Levine, Zachary (November 12, 2011). "Astros sign former Cubs OF Snyder to minor league deal". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- "Texas Rangers sign Aaron Poreda, Brad Snyder to minor league deals". The Dallas Morning News. November 14, 2013.
- "Rangers put Moreland on DL, bring up Snyder". ESPN.com. Associated Press. June 10, 2014. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Rangers bring back 1B Carlos Pena 13 years later". ESPN.com. Associated Press. June 24, 2014. Retrieved June 25, 2014.