Author signing books
July 13, 2013
|Born||Bradley George Thor, Jr.
August 21, 1969 
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Genre||Spy novel, thriller, faction|
|Notable works||Scot Harvath Series|
Bradley George "Brad" Thor, Jr. (born August 21, 1969) is an American thriller novelist, author of The Lions of Lucerne, Path of the Assassin, State of the Union, Blowback, Takedown, The First Commandment, The Last Patriot, The Apostle, Foreign Influence, The Athena Project, Full Black, and Black List, Hidden Order, Act of War and Code of Conduct. His latest novel in the Harvath series, Foreign Agent, released in June 2016. His next one, Use of Force, is due to be released in June 2017. Thor's novels have been published in countries around the world. He also contributed a short story entitled "The Athens Solution" to the James Patterson-edited anthology, Thriller. Thor also makes frequent appearances on Fox News and The Blaze.
The Last Patriot was nominated for "Best Thriller of the Year" by the International Thriller Writers Association. His novel Blowback was voted by National Public Radio listeners as one of the "100 Best Ever" Killer Thrillers. Thor ranked #26 on Richtopia's list of 200 "Most Influential Authors in the World"
On November 23, 2016, Thor announced on Twitter the title of his next novel, Use of Force.
Thor is a graduate of the Sacred Heart Schools, the Francis W. Parker School (Chicago), and the University of Southern California (cum laude), where he studied creative writing under author T.C. Boyle.
Prior to becoming a novelist, he was the award-winning creator, producer, writer, and host of the national public television series Traveling Lite.
Thor is a member of The Heritage Foundation and has spoken at their national headquarters on the need for robust missile defense. Thor is a Fellow of the Alexandrian Defense Group, and is a frequent television and cable news commentator.
His novels have been published in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam.
Reaction to The Last Patriot
Because of the content of Thor's thriller The Last Patriot, Glenn Beck predicted that he might be assassinated by Muslim extremists. Thor has been referred to by WorldNetDaily as "the new Salman Rushdie."
Robert D. Crane, a Muslim convert and one-time aide to President Richard M. Nixon, called the novel '"Islamophobic", "a subliminal mimetic", and an "emotional demonization of Islam and Muslims." In response, Robert Spencer criticized Crane's article.
Thor is a regular contributor to the Glenn Beck television program and has appeared on other Fox News Channel shows, as well as on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and PBS to discuss terrorism and parallels between his novels and real threats facing the world today.
In May 2016, he made speculative comments on the Glenn Beck radio show about Donald Trump that appeared to offer conditional support for violence against him if Trump were elected and did something that he felt endangered the country. Thor denied the comments were a call for assassination.
DHS Red Cell Program
In an interview with the Daily Caller, Thor revealed that he is a participant in a Department of Homeland Security program designed to identify targets for terrorism. Described by Thor as the "Analytical Red Cell Unit", the program uses creative thinkers from outside of Washington, D.C. to create possible terrorism scenarios for the government. The creative individuals work with members of the government, military, and intelligence community. Thor describes Red Cell as the "Las Vegas" of government programs, saying "what happens in Red Cell, stays in Red Cell."
Scot Harvath Series
|1||The Lions of Lucerne||2002||0-7434-3673-3|
|2||Path of the Assassin||2003||0-7434-3675-X|
|3||State of the Union||2004||0-7434-3677-6|
|6||The First Commandment||2007||1-4165-4379-1|
|7||The Last Patriot||2008||1-4165-4383-X|
|13||Act of War||2014||1-4767-1712-5|
|14||Code of Conduct||2015||1-4767-1715-9|
|16||Use of Force||2017|
The Athena Project Series
|1||The Athena Project||2010||1-4391-9295-2|
- "Brad Thor Author revealed questions and answers (Q&A) | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster". Authors.simonandschuster.com. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- Garner, Dwight (2008-07-20). "TBR - Inside the List". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Thriller Awards. "Thriller Awards - ThrillerFest". Thrillerwriters.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Matazzoni, Joe (2010-08-04). "Audience Picks: Top 100 'Killer Thrillers'". NPR. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "'Killer Thrillers': Vote For The 100 Best Ever". NPR. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Top 200 Most Influential Authors 2017". RICHTOPIA. 2016-12-22. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- "Brad Thor on Twitter: "Hard at work... https://t.co/hPW7APGwhM"". Twitter.com. 2009-02-12. Retrieved 2016-11-23. External link in
- Thor, Brad. "Brad Thor". MetroSeeker.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Thrill of Writing in the Trenches - News - USC Dornsife". College.usc.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-02-26. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Brad Thor Q & A". Johnnyjet.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Beach, William W. "33 Minutes: Protecting America in the New Missile Age". Heritage.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Fellows of Alexandrian Defense Chronicles". Alexandriandefense.org. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
-  Archived July 9, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Dead man Talking – Glenn Beck". Glennbeck.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Brad Thor the new Salman Rushdie?". Wnd.com. 2008-07-12. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Dr. Robert D. Crane (2008-07-06). "(TAM)". The American Muslim. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- The Last Patriot: Worse than Spencer's books!. "The Last Patriot: Worse than Spencer's books!". Jihad Watch. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "The Thrill of Writing in the Trenches - News - USC Dornsife". College.usc.edu. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Gibbs, Douglas V. (2010-07-11). "Political Pistachio: Political Pistachio Radio: Brad Thor's Thriller, and Mollie Gross' Confessions". Politicalpistachio.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Todd, Warner. "Breitbart News". Big Journalism. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Xenakis, John J. "Breitbart News". Big Peace. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- News, Breitbart. "Breitbart News: Big Hollywood". Bighollywood.breitbart.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Todd, Warner (2012-10-15). "Breitbart News". Big Government. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- McNary, Dave (2010-11-10). "WB nabs rights to Harvath books - Entertainment News, Headline Newsletter Film News, Media". Variety. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Fleming, Mike. "Brad Thor". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck for comments that could be 'construed' as 'advocating harm' against Trump". The Washington Post. June 1, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Weinstein, Jamie. TheDC Interview: Thriller author Brad Thor. DailyCaller.com Retrieved 2013-07-22.
- "Martin Short, Brad Thor, and Matt Atchity". Adamcarolla.com. 2015-07-23. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "Brad Thor | Andrew Kaplan | Video". Red Room. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Official website
- Brad Thor Fantastic Fiction Author Page
- USC Magazine: The Thrill of Writing in the Trenches
- Brad Thor Glenn Beck Radio Appearances (membership required)[permanent dead link]
- Radio interview with Hugh Hewitt – part 1 of 2
- Radio interview with Hugh Hewitt – part 2 of 2
- National Review Online Podcast with John J Miller
- Military.com Podcast with Ward Carroll
- Brad Thor on VYou
- YouTube Channel