5 April 1984 |
Moree, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||182 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (13 st 5 lb)|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Bradley Tighe (born 5 April 1984 in Moree, New South Wales) is an Australian retired professional rugby league footballer. He played at centre and wing and played for the Newcastle Knights, Penrith Panthers and Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League.
Tighe was brought into first-grade in 2005 during a run of injuries at the Newcastle club. His first year in the NRL was successful, playing twenty games and scoring fifty-two points. Tighe spent the majority of 2006 back in the premier league but secured an almost permanent position at centre during 2007. During the season, Tighe was informed by coach Brian Smith that his services would not be required beyond the end of 2007. Since 2008 Tighe has been playing for the Penrith Panthers and has been a regular in the starting line up.
On 7 January 2014, with 2 years of his contract remaining, Tighe was released in a deal that saw Jamal Idris move to Penrith on a 3-year deal and Tighe to the Gold Coast on a 2-year deal.
- Junior Representative Selection: 2001 - selected for the New South Wales under 17 squad to play Queensland under 17s at Stadium Australia, 10 June, the curtain raiser to the second State of Origin match.
- First Grade Debut: 2005 - Round 2, Penrith vs Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium, 19 March,
- Indigenous All Stars Selection: vs the All Stars at Cbus Super Stadium, 13 February 2015
- "Panthers name squads for 2008". NRL.com. 2007-10-24. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- Jancetic, Steve (2005-03-15). "NSWRL under 17s squad" (fee required). AAP Sports News (Australia). Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "I'm not to blame for Knights cleanout: Smith" (fee required). AAP Sports News (Australia). 2007-08-10. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- Whiticker, Alan; Hudson, Glen (2007). The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. Wetherill Park, New South Wales: Gary Allen Pty Ltd. p. 609. ISBN 978-1-877082-93-1.