Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Occupation||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Alaska Air Group|
Bradley D. Tilden is president and chief executive officer of Alaska Airlines and Alaska Air Group, which is the parent company of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. Before becoming the company's president in 2008, Tilden was Alaska Air Group's chief financial officer and executive vice president of finance.
Tilden is an Eagle Scout. As a young student, a field trip to an airport, where he saw his first Boeing 727, sparked Tilden's love of airplanes. After graduating from Highline High School in 1979, Tilden enrolled at Pacific Lutheran University. Originally intending to become a teacher, Tilden became interested in business and earned a degree in business administration and accounting.
In 1997, he earned a masters degree in business administration from the University of Washington.
- Gates, Dominic. "Brad Tilden new Alaska Air CEO as Bill Ayer announces retirement". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Alaska Air Group Corporate Governance - Management". Alaska Air Group, Inc. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Alaska Airlines Executive Leadership". Alaska Air Group, Inc. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Chance class project inspires Tilden's airline career". Scene. PLU. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Highline Schools Foundation gives out gold stars to five outstanding individuals". Highline Times. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Clements, Barbara. "Tilden Flies High as Alaska Airlines' New President". PLU. Retrieved 21 February 2012.