Brad William Henke
April 10, 1966|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||275 lb (125 kg)|
|High school:||Littleton (CO) Heritage|
|NFL Draft:||1989 / Round: 4 / Pick: 105|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Brad William Henke (born April 10, 1966) is an American actor and former National Football League and Arena Football League player. He is best known for his role as prison guard Desi Piscatella on Orange Is The New Black, for which he won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series in 2016.
Early life and education
Henke was drafted by the New York Giants in the 1989 NFL Draft but got cut. He was picked up by the Denver Broncos, and he played in Super Bowl XXIV against the San Francisco 49ers. Repeated injuries, which required six ankle surgeries, led to his retirement from professional football in 1994.
|1989||Denver Broncos||68||Defensive Linemen|
|1994||Fort Worth Cavalry||96||Defensive Linemen|
Henke began acting in 1994, starting with commercials. He appeared in October Road, Around June, The Amateurs, World Trade Center, In the Valley of Elah, Choke, Sherrybaby, Must Love Dogs and Fury.
Henke's breakout role has been on Orange Is The New Black as Desi Piscatella, a gay corrections officer at Litchfield Federal Penitentiary. He joined OITNB in the fourth season. He was part of the cast that won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for 2016.
|1996||Space Jam||Stars Catcher|
|2003||Love Object||Dotson||credited as Brad Henke|
|2005||Must Love Dogs||Leo|
|2005||North Country||Mr. Lattavansky|
|2005||Me and You and Everyone We Know||Andrew|
|2006||World Trade Center||Allison's brother|
|2010||The Space Between||Will|
|2011||The Trouble with Bliss||Steven 'Jetski' Jouseski||also known as East Fifth Bliss|
|2011||Magic Valley||Jerry Garabrant|
|2012||I Am Not a Hipster||Bradley Haines|
|2012||Struck by Lightning||Principal Gifford|
|2013||Pacific Rim||Construction foreman|
|2013||The Frozen Ground||Carl Galenski|
|2014||Draft Day||Tony 'Bagel' Bagli|
|2014||Fury||Sgt. Davis||credited as Brad Henke|
|2015||Pure Love||Detective Dillard|
|2016||The Tank||Dane Hankeard|
|2016||Pee Wee's Big Holiday||Grizzly Bear Daniels|
|2018||Inherit the Viper||Tedd Wallace||In post-production|
|2018||Cold Brook||Chip||In post-production|
|2019||The Translation of Wounds||In post-production|
|1998||Sports Night||Christian Patrick||Episode: "Mary Pat Shelby"|
|2000-2001||Going to California||Henry "Hank" Ungalow||20 episodes|
|2006||Dexter||Tony Tucci||4 episodes|
|2007||Cold Case||Mike Chulaski||Episode: "Cargo"|
|2008||Law & Order||Ted Sanderson||Episode: "Strike"|
|2007/2008||October Road||Owen Dennis Rowan||19 Episodes|
|2011||Criminal Minds||Steve||Episode: "Sense Memory"|
|2011||Shameless||Hal Hollander||Episode: "Daddyz Girl"|
|2011||Justified||Coover Bennett||9 episodes|
|2011||Grimm||Hap Lasser||Episode: "The Three Bad Wolves"|
|2012||Bones||Melvin Carville||Episode: "The Bod in the Pod"|
|2013||The Office||Frank||Episode: "Vandalism"|
|2013||Longmire||Sal Vayas||Episode: "Death Came In Like Thunder"|
|2015||Uncle (TV series)||Background Singer||Episode: " I'm Back"|
|2016–18||Orange Is The New Black||Desi Piscatella||26 episodes|
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
|2017||Sneaky Pete||Brendon||6 episodes|
|2018||MacGyver (2016)||Jonah Walsch||Season 02 Episode 23 "MacGyver + MacGyver"|
- "Brad Henke". NFL.com.
- Kroll, Justin (October 19, 2016). "'Orange Is the New Black' Actor Brad William Henke Joins Will Smith in 'Bright' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Holmes, Jonathan (October 19, 2016). "Orange Is the New Black actor joins Will Smith's Netflix movie". Radio Times. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Petruska, Dave (January 24, 1998). "Ex-Wildcat Brad Henke tackles whole new career as an actor". Tucson Citizen. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Herman, James Patrick (July 29, 2016). "OITNB's Brad William Henke Talks Openly Gay 'Papa Bear' Piscatella (Exclusive)". Out Magazine. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (February 22, 2017). "Brad William Henke Joins CBS' Jenny Lumet Drama Pilot; Emayatzy Corinealdi In 'The Get'". Deadline. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Screen Actors Guild Awards 2017: Orange Is the New Black Wins Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series". People. January 30, 2017. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "'OITNB' Cast After SAG Win: 'What Unites Us Is Stronger Than What Divides Us'". Entertainment Weekly. January 30, 2017. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Actor Brad William Henke's been busy adding to his family and resume". People. September 27, 2006. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Simone's Airbrush Tanning's Bodybuilder Spray Tan Helps Female Bodybuilder Katelin Chesna Prepare for Her Competition". PRWeb. March 9, 2014. Retrieved April 25, 2017.