Bradford Non-Lethal Weapons Research Project
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bradford Non-Lethal Weapons Research Project (BNLWRP) was established in 1995 at the Centre for Conflict Resolution, Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford, United Kingdom.
The project’s key objectives are to:
- Review and describe non-lethal weapons (NLWs), which are being developed and deployed.
- Identify and track defence and related research institutes involved in the development and manufacture of NLWs.
- Follow doctrine and policy debates related to the use of NLWs.
- Monitor the operational use of NLWs
- Examine the impact of NLWs on international laws, arms treaties and conventions.
- Highlight the ethical and societal issues that surround the research, development, deployment and use of such weapons.
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|