Bradlee, Winslow & Wetherell
Bradlee, Winslow & Wetherell (1872-1888) was an architecture firm in Boston, Massachusetts. Its principals were Nathaniel Jeremiah Bradlee (1829-1888), Walter Thacher Winslow (1843-1909) and George Homans Wetherell (1854-1930). "In 1872, Bradlee made Walter T. Winslow, a draftsman in his office, a partner. George H. Wetherell was promoted to partner in 1884. After Mr. Bradlee’s death [in 1888], the firm continued as Winslow, Wetherell & Bigelow (1888-1909)."
Works include (with attribution):
- Wigglesworth Building, Boston, 1873 (Bradlee,Winslow & Wetherell)
- Chickering Hall, Tremont St., Boston, 1883 (Bradlee,Winslow & Wetherell)
- Old New England Building, Kansas City, Missouri, 1886 (Bradlee,Winslow & Wetherell), NRHP-listed
- Maine Central Railroad General Office Building, 222-224 Saint John Street, Portland, Maine, 1889, NRHP-listed
- Children's Hospital Boston, Huntington Ave. (Bradlee,Winslow & Wetherell)
- Baker Chocolate mill complex, (Bradlee,Winslow & Wetherell) Dorchester-Milton Lower Mills Industrial District, Massachusetts
- Building at 30-34 Station Street, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1892 (Winslow & Wetherell), NRHP-listed
- Wigglesworth Building, 89-83 Franklin St., Boston, Massachusetts (Winslow & Wetherell), NRHP-listed
- The Oaks, 437 E. Beverly St. Staunton, Virginia (Winslow & Wetherell), NRHP-listed
- St. Andrew's By-The-Sea, Church Rd., 0.2 mi. SE of jct. with South Rd. and Rte. 1A Rye, NH (Winslow and Wetherell), NRHP-listed
- One or more works in Dorchester-Milton Lower Mills Industrial District, both sides of Neponset River Boston, MA (Bradlee,Winslow,& Wetherell), NRHP-listed
- One or more works in boundary increase to Dorchester-Milton Lower Mills Industrial District, roughly: Adams, River, Medway Sts., Millers Lane, Eliot and Adams Sts. Boston, MA (Bradlee, Winslow & Wetherell; Winslow & Wetherell; et al.), NRHP-listed
- Boston Almanac. 1888
- Amy McFeeters and Sally Zimmerman. Mount Auburn Cemetery Reception House, 583 Mount Auburn Street: Landmark Designation Report Archived October 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Historical Commission. December 8, 1992, updated November 20, 2002.
- "Obituaries: Walter Thacher Winslow [1843-1909]." American Institute of Architects, Quarterly Bulletin, vol. 9, no. 4[permanent dead link] (January 1909), p. 286.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "The new Chickering: a pretty hall in which exercises were rendered yesterday." Boston Daily Globe, November 8, 1883.
- Edwin Munroe Bacon and George Edward Ellis, eds. Bacon's Dictionary of Boston (Boston: Houghton, Mifflin and Co., 1886), p. 93.
- Anthony M. Sammarco. The Baker Chocolate Company: A Sweet History. Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2009.