Bradley Hughes (golfer)
|— Golfer —|
10 February 1967 |
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (196 lb; 14.0 st)|
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour of Australasia|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour
Japan Golf Tour
|Number of wins by tour|
|PGA Tour of Australasia||5|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 1998|
|U.S. Open||T16: 1997|
|The Open Championship||T44: 1996|
|PGA Championship||CUT: 1999|
Bradley Hughes (born 10 February 1967) is an Australian professional golfer.
Hughes was born in Melbourne. He turned pro in 1988. He has played on the PGA Tour of Australasia (1988–), European Tour (1990, 1996), Japan Golf Tour (1992–94), PGA Tour (1997–2002, 2005) and Nationwide Tours (2003–04, 2006). He has won five times in Australia and once in the United States. He was on the 1994 International Team for the Presidents Cup.
Hughes set the tournament record of 268 (24 under par) in the 1998 Australian Masters which still stands today. He also holds the record for the largest winning margin on the Asian Omega Tour when he won the 1996 Players Championship by 12 strokes.
Hughes now teaches golf in Greenville, South Carolina.
Professional wins (7)
Australasia wins (5)
- 1988 Western Australian Open
- 1991 South Australian PGA
- 1993 Australian Masters
- 1996 Australian Players Championship
- 1998 Australian Masters
Nationwide Tour wins (1)
- 2011 TRGA Las Vegas Classic (TRGA/Persimmon Tour)
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT||DNP||T44||DNP||DNP||T49||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||CUT|
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
Yellow background for top-10.
- Eisenhower Trophy (representing Australia): 1988
- Official website
- Bradley Hughes at the PGA Tour official site
- Bradley Hughes at the PGA Tour of Australasia official site
- Bradley Hughes at the Japan Golf Tour official site
- Bradley Hughes at the European Tour official site
|This biographical article relating to Australian golf is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|