2016 Australian Paralympic Team Portrait
26 February 1957 |
|Event(s)||10m standing air rifle
10m prone air rifle
Bradley Mark (born 26 February 1957) is a New Zealand born Australian shooter who has represented Australia in two Paralympic Games.
Mark was born on 26 February 1957 in New Zealand. He is from Wynnum, Queensland. He has incomplete quadriplegia as a result of bacterial meningitis when he was thirty-five years old. He was a 2011 Queensland Sporting Wheelies Senior Male Athlete of the Year nominee. He has a dog from Assistant Dogs Australia who helps him complete tasks which allow for greater independence.
Mark started competitive shooting in 2005. He first represented Australia in 2009. At the 2011 World Cup in Turkey, he won a gold medal. He repeated his gold medal performance at the 2011 World Cup in Sydney. He was selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in shooting. The 2012 Games were his first. He did not medal.
At the 2014 IPC World Championships, he finished 24th in the 10m Air Rifle Standing SH2 and 16th in the 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2. In 2015, his best results were at the IPC World Cup in Sydney where he was 2nd in the 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2 and 3rd in the 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2. Mark's results qualified him to compete at the 2016 Rio Paralympics. He did not medal, placing 9th in the prone event and 12th in the standing event.
- "APC". APC. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Bradley Mark". Australia: Australian Paralympic Committee. 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Mark hits target for London". Bayside Bulletin. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Paralympic shooters on target for London". Ausshooting.org. 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Niav Owens. "Kosmala shoots for her 11th Games -". Australia: ABC Grandstand Sport — ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Kosmala on target for 11th Games". ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Sydney (2012-05-23). "Kosmala gets Games shot at 70". The Age. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Bradley Mark". International Paralympic Committee website. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Queensland para-shooters on the Mark". Queensland Academy of Sport website. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Mixed R4-10m Air Rifle Standing - SH2 - Standings". Rio 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Mixed R5-10m Air Rifle Prone - SH2 - Standings". Rio 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.