This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Screenshot of Blackbox
|Developer(s)||Bradley T. Hughes|
|Type||X window manager|
Blackbox has specific design goals, and some functionality is provided only through other applications. One example is the bbkeys hotkey application. As no release has been made for over eleven years, Blackbox is now dormant.
Blackbox is written in C++ and contains completely original code. It was created by Bradley T. Hughes and is available under the MIT License. Blackbox has compliance with the Extended Window Manager Hints specification.
Blackbox development is no longer active.
Features of the Blackbox window manager include:
- A stacking window manager
- Written in C++
- Freely available under the MIT license
- Compliance with the Extended Window Manager Hints Specification
- Titlebars have minimize, maximize, and close buttons
- Support for simple themes
- Support for color changes
- No support for desktop shortcuts
There are a number of other window manager forks of Blackbox:
Windows shell replacements
Although they do not share the same codebase, these projects are also inspired by Blackbox.
- BB4Win (the first and most prominent clone/port of Blackbox on Windows)
- bbZero (a branch of bbLean, currently the only actively developed)
- ManPages/blackbox Sourceforge.net
- sourceforge.net, Download Blackbox
- SourceForge.net: blackbox
- FSF.org, Blackbox - Window manager written in C++
- Blackbox Hacking Guide
- Sourceforge.net, About Blackbox
- "ICCCM & EWMH Compliance". Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Sourceforge.net, Related Projects
- Sourceforge.net, BlackBox for Windows
|This Unix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|