Bradshaw, West Virginia
Bartley Store Bottom Road in Bradshaw
Location of Bradshaw in McDowell County, West Virginia.
|• Total||1.45 sq mi (3.77 km2)|
|• Land||1.45 sq mi (3.77 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||203.58/sq mi (78.60/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2390746|
Bradshaw is on the Tug Fork river and is serviced by the Norfolk Southern Railway(former Norfolk and Western) network. The town has River View High School (West Virginia) one of only two high schools in the County.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The median income for a household in the town was $12,083, and the median income for a family was $14,750. Males had a median income of $35,625 versus $25,625 for females. The per capita income for the town was $9,458. About 43.7% of families and 54.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 87.5% of those under the age of eighteen and 31.0% of those sixty five or over.
As of the census of 2010, there were 337 people, 131 households, and 97 families residing in the town. The population density was 437.7 inhabitants per square mile (169.0/km2). There were 166 housing units at an average density of 215.6 per square mile (83.2/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.5% White, 0.6% African American, 0.3% Native American, and 0.6% from two or more races.
There were 131 households of which 38.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.7% were married couples living together, 17.6% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 26.0% were non-families. 23.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 2.98.
The median age in the town was 40.6 years. 25.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 21.9% were from 25 to 44; 30.2% were from 45 to 64; and 13.1% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 49.0% male and 51.0% female.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 14, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bradshaw, West Virginia
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 127.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.