Bradys Bend Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
Bradys Bend Township, Pennsylvania
Along the Allegheny River; Bradys Bend Township is the lower area at left
Map of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania highlighting Bradys Bend Township
Map of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||12.61 sq mi (32.67 km2)|
|• Land||12.61 sq mi (32.67 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||58.11/sq mi (22.44/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Brady's Bend Township appears in the 1876 Atlas of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 939 people, 392 households, and 279 families residing in the township. The population density was 73.9 people per square mile (28.5/km²). There were 582 housing units at an average density of 45.8/sq mi (17.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.72% White, 0.53% African American, 0.21% Asian, and 0.53% from two or more races.
There were 392 households, out of which 29.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.7% were married couples living together, 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.8% were non-families. 25.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.38 and the average family size was 2.82.
The median age of 41 years was slightly more than that of the county of 40 years. The distribution was 21.7% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 29.0% from 25 to 44, 27.9% from 45 to 64, and 15.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 105.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.6 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $29,286, and the median income for a family was $38,036. Males had a median income of $28,594 versus $19,205 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,797. About 13.1% of families and 17.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25.8% of those under age 18 and 15.2% of those age 65 or over.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bradys Bend Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania.|
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bradys Bend township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 31, 2013.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Atlas of Armstrong County Pennsylvania, page 29". Pomeroy, Whitman & Co. 1876. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/ The National Map, retrieved 13 September 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands, retrieved 15 September 2018
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Bradys Bend Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Saint Marys Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.