Brahmanandam in 2009
|Birth name||Brahmanandam Kanneganti.|
1 February 1956 |
Sattenapalli, Andhra State, India
Brahmanandam Kanneganti (born 1 February 1956), is an Indian film actor and comedian. Hailing from Sattenapalli in Andhra Pradesh, he mostly acts in Telugu films. Prior to films, he was a Telugu lecturer in Attili, a town in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. He currently holds the Guinness World Record for the most screen credits for a living actor. He was honoured with the Padma Shri, for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2009. Brahmanandam is considered one of the most versatile Indian comic actors, noted particularly for his comic expressions. Brahmanandam was part of the television quiz show Brahmi 1 million Show on iNews.
Brahmanandam acted in more than 1000 films. Below are his selected filmography.
- 1987: Aha Naa Pellanta as Ara Gundu
- 1990: Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari as Vichitra Kumar
- 1992: Babai Hotel as Rama Chandra Moorti
- 1993: Rajendrudu Gajendrudu as Bank Manager
- 1993: Money as Khan Dada
- 1993: Jamba Lakidi Pamba as Anandam
- 1993: Abbaigaru as Housekeeper
- 1994: Yamaleela as Chitragupta
- 1994: Alibaba Aradajanu Dongalu as Thief
- 1994: Mugguru Monagallu as Assistant Dancer
- 1995: Alluda Majaka as Abbulu/Ms. Dakota
- 1997: Annamayya as Pundit
- 1997: Shubhakankshalu as Writer
- 1998: Bavagaru Bagunnara? as Gopal
- 1999: Premaku Velayara as Wine Shop Owner
- 2001: Nuvvu Naaku Nachav as Photographer
- 2002: Indra as Pundit
- 2002: Sandade Sandadi as Poolan Raja
- 2002: Manmadhudu as Sooribabu Lavangam
- 2003: Simhadri as Talupulu
- 2004: Adavi Ramudu as Puli Raja
- 2004: Venky as Gajala
- 2005: Evadi Gola Vaadidhi as Shankar Dada RMP
- 2005: Athadu as Kittu
- 2006: Pokiri as Brahmi - Software Engineer
- 2006: Vikramarkudu as Duvva Abbulu
- 2007: Yamadonga as Chitragupta
- 2007: Dhee as Chary
- 2008: Krishna as Bobby
- 2008: Jalsa as Pranav
- 2008: Ready as Mc Donald Murthy
- 2009: Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam as Gachibowli Diwakar
- 2009: Kick as Halwa Raj/Parugu Prakash Raj
- 2010: Adhurs as Bhattu
- 2010: Namo Venkatesa as Paris Prasad
- 2010: Brindavanam as Bommarillu father
- 2011: Dookudu as Padmashri
- 2012: Julai as Thief
- 2013: Jaffa as Jasmine Falguda/Jaffa
- 2013: Naayak as Jilebi
- 2013: Balupu as Crazy Mohan
- 2013: Attarintiki Daredi as Baddam Bhaskar
- 2013: Baadshah as Padmanabha Simha
- 2014: Race Gurram as Kill Bill Pandey
- 2014: Loukyam as Sippy
- 2015: S/O Satyamurthy as Koda Rambabu
- 2015: Eluka Majaka as a Mouse
- 2016: Garam as PK
- Hyderabad Times Film Awards Best Actor in a Comic Role - Dookudu (2011)
- He earned a spot in the Guinness World Records in 2007 for acting in 867 Telugu films in 20 years .
- In January 2009, the government of India bestowed the title of Padma Shri, fourth highest civilian award, on Brahmanandam for his contributions to art.
||This article's Criticism or Controversy section may compromise the article's neutral point of view of the subject. (June 2015)|
As per a petition filed by BJP Party Leader N. Indrasena Reddy, Brahmanandam was found "misusing" the Padma Shri title in the film Dookudu. The court motioned in favor of the petitioner and on 23 December 2013 announced quoting Article 18 (1) of the Constitution, that the national award did not amount to a "title" and should not be used as a suffix or prefix and in case of non-compliance, the defaulter forfeit the award. However, Brahmanandam has challenged the orders of High Court in the apex court. Subsequently, the Supreme court of India, has ordered him to file a response.
- "Most screen credits for a living actor more than 950". guinnessworldrecords.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "The Hindu : Front Page : List of Padma awardees 2009". Chennai, India: hindu.com. 26 January 2009. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Narasimham, M.L. (22 August 2011). "It's a mad mad comedy". The Hindu (Chennai, India).
- "Brahmanandam felicitated". The Times of India. 18 May 2011.
- "Brain teasers with Brahmanandam". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 14 July 2009.
- Brahmanandam breaks 1000 film record - The Times of India Dated 29 January 2015 Retrieved 10 February 2015
- "Manikchand Filmfare Awards: Sizzling at 50". BSNL. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". The Times of India. 24 June 2012.
- "Guinness record for Brahmanandam". The Times of India. 15 December 2007. Retrieved 1 January 2008. External link in
- "Padmasri for Brahmanandam". IndiaGlitz. External link in
- "HC asks Mohan Babu to return Padma Shri - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Andhra Pradesh high court asks Telugu actors Mohan Babu, Brahmanandam to return Padma Shri - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "SC orders Mohan Babu to file an affidavit - The Times of India". The Times of India.