1 February 1956
Sattenapalli, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, India
(now in Andhra Pradesh, India)
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Awards||Padma Shri 2009|
Brahmanandam Kanneganti (born 1 February 1956) is an Indian film actor and comedian, known for his works predominantly in Telugu and Tamil cinema. He currently holds the Guinness World Record for the most screen credits for a living actor. He was honoured with the Padma Shri, for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2009. Brahmanandam is regarded as one of the finest comic actors of India, noted particularly for his comic expressions. Brahmanandam has garnered five state Nandi Awards, one Filmfare Award South, six CineMAA Awards, and three South Indian International Movie Awards for best comedy.
Brahmanandam was born in Chaganti Vari Palem village, Sattenapalli, Guntur District in Andhra Pradesh. Prior to films, he was a Telugu lecturer in Attili, a town in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Civilian Honors
- In January 2009, the government of India bestowed the title of Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, on Brahmanandam for his contributions to art.
- Nandi Award for Best Male Comedian - Money (1993)
- Nandi Award for Best Supporting Actor - Anna (1994)
- Nandi Award for Best Male Comedian - Anaganaga Oka Roju (1995)
- Nandi Award for Best Male Comedian - Vinodham (1996)
- Nandi Award for Best Male Comedian - Ready (2008)
- CineMAA Award for Best Comedian - Manmadhudu, Dhee, Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam, Adhurs & Dookudu.
- Hyderabad Times Film Awards Best Actor in a Comic Role - Dookudu (2011)
- He earned a spot in the Guinness World Records in 2007 for acting in 867 Telugu films in 20 years .
Brahmanandam acted in more than 1600 films. Below are his selected filmography.
- 1987: Aha Naa Pellanta as Ara Gundu
- 1990: Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari as Vichitra Kumar
- 1992: Babai Hotel as Rama Chandra Moorti
- 1993: Rajendrudu Gajendrudu as Bank Manager
- 1993: Money as Khan Dada
- 1993: Jamba Lakidi Pamba as Anandam
- 1993: Abbaigaru as Housekeeper
- 1994: Yamaleela as Chitragupta
- 1994: Alibaba Aradajanu Dongalu as Thief
- 1994: Mugguru Monagallu as Assistant Dancer
- 1995: Alluda Majaka as Abbulu/Ms. Dakota
- 1997: Annamayya as Pundit
- 1997: Shubhakankshalu as Writer
- 1998: Bavagaru Bagunnara? as Gopi
- 1998: Paradesi (1998 film)
- 1999: Premaku Velayara as Wine Shop Owner
- 2001: Nuvvu Naaku Nachav as Photographer
- 2002: Indra as Pundit
- 2002: Sandade Sandadi as Poolan Raja
- 2002: Manmadhudu as Sooribabu Lavangam
- 2003: Simhadri as Talupulu
- 2004: Adavi Ramudu as Puli Raja
- 2004: Venky as Gajala
- 2005: Evadi Gola Vaadidhi as Shankar Dada RMP
- 2005: Athadu as Kittu
- 2006: Pokiri as Brahmi - The Software Engineer
- 2006: Vikramarkudu as Duvva Abbulu
- 2007: Yamadonga as Chitragupta
- 2007: Dhee as Chary
- 2008: Krishna as Bobby
- 2008: Jalsa as Pranav
- 2008: Ready as Mc Donald Murthy
- 2009: Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam as Gachibowli Diwakar
- 2009: Kick as Halwa Raj/Parugu Prakash Raj
- 2010: Adhurs as Bhattu
- 2010: Namo Venkatesa as Paris Prasad
- 2010: Brindavanam as Bommarillu father
- 2011: Dookudu as Padmashri
- 2012: Julai as Thief
- 2013: Jaffa as Jasmine Falguda/Jaffa
- 2013: Naayak as Jilebi
- 2013: Balupu as Crazy Mohan
- 2013: Attarintiki Daredi as Baddam Bhaskar
- 2013: Baadshah as Padmanabha Simha
- 2014: Ninnindale as Sachin (Kannada Film)
- 2014: Race Gurram as Kill Bill Pandey
- 2014: "Rabhasa" as Raju
- 2014: Loukyam as Sippy
- 2015: S/O Satyamurthy as Koda Rambabu
- 2015: Dohchay as Bullet Babu
- 2015: Bruce Lee - The Fighter as Susuki Subramanyam alias Peter alias Pakodi
- 2015: Eluka Majaka as a Mouse
- 2016: Garam as PK
- 2016: Sardaar Gabbar Singh as Shekhar Singh
- 2016: Sarrainodu as Umapathi's neighbour
- "Most screen credits for a living actor more than 950". guinnessworldrecords.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "The Hindu : Front Page : List of Padma awardees 2009". Chennai, India: hindu.com. 26 January 2009. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Narasimham, M.L. (22 August 2011). "It's a mad mad comedy". The Hindu. Chennai, India.
- "Brahmanandam felicitated". The Times of India. 18 May 2011.
- "Brain teasers with Brahmanandam". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 July 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 January 2010. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "HC asks Mohan Babu to return Padma Shri - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Andhra Pradesh high court asks Telugu actors Mohan Babu, Bramanandam to return Padma Shri - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "SC orders Mohan Babu to file an affidavit - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Padmasri for Bramanandam". IndiaGlitz.
- "Manikchand Filmfare Awards: Sizzling at 50". BSNL. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". The Times of India. 24 June 2012.
- "Guinness record for Brahmanandam". The Times of India. 15 December 2007. Retrieved 1 January 2008.
- Brahmanandam breaks 1000 film record - The Times of India Dated 29 January 2015 Retrieved 10 February 2015