||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: too long lists and repeated things (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In Shaktidharmic Hinduism, Brahmani (also known as Brahmi and Brahmayi) is a kind and benevolent aspect of Devi, the Divine mother. Brahmani is associated with the Hindu creator god, Brahma as His Shakti (power). She is one of the seven Mother Goddesses called Matrikas.
She is an aspect of such Mahasaraswati. An aspect of Adi Shakti, possessing the Rajasi Guna and hence is the source of Brahma's power.
The Senjaliya Parivar [Leva Patel] of Gujarat worship her as Kuldevi Ma. There are Big Temple of Brahmani at Mandlikpur, Jetpur in Rajkot District.
Prajapati community worship Brahmani Mataji as Kuldevi. Ahmedabad's famous Brahmani Temple is located at Khodi Nagar, N.H. 8, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Brhamin of Bharadwaj Gotra
The Nadar (Kshatriya) of Tamil Nadu are also worship as Kuldevi
The Aamaraniya Nagda Doshi worship her as their Kuldevi and have constructed a beautiful Jaagrut temple at Nana Jadeshwar near Wankaner Gujarat. Godara clan of Jat worship Brahmani Mata as Kuldevi. They belong to Hanumangarh district of Rajasthan.
Brahmani devi is the kuldevi of Rajpura parivar in Rajpur, Ta and Dist Patan, The beautiful reach temple was built in 1997. Maharia gotra jat singodra, tehasil laxmangarh, district Sikar( Rajasthan) ki kuldevi Maa brahmani ke mandir Ka jirnodwar 18 August 2016 se suru kar diya h ak sundar mandir banaya ja raga h
Some famous Brahmani temples in India
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Khodiyarnagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- Brahmani Mataji mandir at Vill. KALYANA Ta: PATAN Dist: Mehsana (Gujarat)
- Brahmani Mataji mandir at Vill. GAGODAR Ta: RAPAR Dist: KUTCH (Gujarat)
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Baran in Rajasthan.
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Pallu near Hanumangarh, Rajasthan.
- Brahmani Mata Temple at Village Brahmani, Hanumanganj, near Ballia in Uttar Pradesh.
- Brahmani Mata Temple at Bharmour near Chamba, Himachal Pradesh.
- Brahmani Mata Temple at Dingucha near Kalol, Gandhinagar district, Gujarat.
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Nana Jadeshwar near Wankaner, Gujarat.
- The Anjana Chaudhary, Patels also worship her as Kuldevi
- Goroda Brahmin (Rajasthan) clan of jat also worship her as Kuldevi
- ((Brahmani Mataji Temple at Village sewari District: Pali (Rajasthan)
- Brahmani Mataji mandir at Vill. KAMLI Ta: Unjha Dist: Mehsana (Gujarat)
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Shedhavi Near Nandasan Dist : Mehsana.
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Village-Sarangvas, Tal. Bali, Dist. Pali In Rajasthan
- Brahmani mataji temple at villae Bhimpore dist-surat dumas road (Gujarat)
- Brahmani mataji temple at village chanasma dist-patan (Gujarat)
- Brahmani Mataji temple at Village Rajpur , Ta and Dist. - Patan (North Guj.)
Other uses of word Brahmani
0. Shree Brahmani Charitable Trust : a history of Brahamani temple at Khodiyar Nagar by Ramjibhai Karasanbhai Prajapati ( Basana ).
- Dictionary of Hindu Lore and Legend (ISBN 0-500-51088-1) by Anna Dallapiccola
- Hindu Goddesses: Vision of the Divine Feminine in the Hindu Religious Traditions (ISBN 81-208-0379-5) by David Kinsley
- Raja Pawan Jethwa Kutch Gurjar Kshatriya Samaj: a brief history & glory, Section "Clans and surnames of Kutch Gurjar Kshatriyas : Names of their Kuldevi: location of temple", Calcutta (2007). p. 112.
- Brahmani Mataji Temple at Dinghucha. Brahamanimataji.org. Retrieved on 2012-04-02.
- The Brhamani Mataji Temple, Baran. India9.com (2005-06-07). Retrieved on 2012-04-02.
- Hanumangarh, Brhamani Temple. Mustseeindia.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-02.
- Story of Brahmani Mata Temple at Ballia, video. Youtube.com (2010-07-04). Retrieved on 2012-04-02.
- Brahmani Mata, a small, modest temple in a small cluster of buildings, with a tea stall and a pool with freezing cold water where devout pilgrims bathe at Bharmour. Elevenshadows.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-02.