Brahmapur railway station
|Popularity rail and A Grade railway station station|
Brahmapur Station main Entrance
|Location||Brahmapur, Odisha, PIN-760001|
|Elevation||43 m (141 ft)|
|Owned by||INDIAN RAILWAY|
|Line(s)||Khurda Road-Visakhapatnam section|
|Connections||Taxi Stand, Auto Stand, Bus Stand, Availability of wheel chair system& High speed Rail wire WIFI system provided by RailTel(Govt.of India)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Coast Railway zone|
|Previous names||East Coast State Railway, Bengal Nagpur Railway|
Brahmapur is a major and one of the oldest railway stations in the Indian State of Odisha. It is administered under Khurda Road Railway Division of East Coast Railway zone. It serves Brahmapur Silk city of India, Ganjam district and two other districts of South Odisha and other districts of neighboring Andhra Pradesh. It is one of the 'A' grade railway stations of India.
During the period of 1893 to 1896, (1,287 km (800 mi) of South Eastern Railway zone ) this historic Brahmapur station was built and opened to traffic in 1896. Bengal Nagpur Railway’s line to Brahmapur (Berhampur) was opened on 1 January 1899.
The 514 km (319 mi) long northern section of the South Eastern Railway was merged with BNR in 1902.
The Bengal Nagpur Railway was nationalized in 1944.Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 with the portion of East Indian Railway Company east of Mughalsarai and the Bengal Nagpur Railway. In 1955, South Eastern Railway was carved out of Eastern Railway. It comprised lines mostly operated by BNR earlier. Amongst the new zones started in April 2003 were East Coast Railway and South East Central Railway. Both these railways were carved out of South Eastern Railway.
- Distance from City Bus Stand 3 kilometres (1.9 mi)
- Distance from New Bus Stand(Haldiapadar) 5 kilometres (3.1 mi)
- Distance from Jamia masjid (Ahlay sunnat wal jamaat) 3 kilometres (1.9 mi)
- Distance from MKCG Hospital 3 kilometres (1.9 mi)
- Distance from Berhampur University 11 kilometres (6.8 mi)
- Distance from Army AD College 14 kilometres (8.7 mi)
- Distance from Gopalpur Sea Beach 16 kilometres (9.9 mi)
- Distance from khwaja street dargah 5 kilometres (3.1 mi)
- Distance from Sonapur Sea Beach
31 kilometres (19 mi)
- Distance from Khallikote University1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi)
- Distance from Tampara Lake 25 kilometres (16 mi)
The nearest international airport is Biju Patnaik International Airport (172 km)
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "History". East Coast Railway. Archived from the original on 31 January 2011. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "IR History: Part - III (1900 - 1947)". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Geography – Railway Zones". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "IR History: Part - IV (1947 - 1970)". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- Trains at Brahmapur
- Brahmapur travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Gopalpur-on-sea travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|East Coast Railway zone|
[[TRAFFIC | Daily above one Lakh passengers are started their journey to different ends of INDIA by rail ]]