|Brahmarakshas - Jaag Utha Shaitaan|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Srinita Bhowmik|
|Directed by||Dinesh Mahadev|
|Creative director(s)||Chloe Ferns|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||57|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, India|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Distributor||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||6 August 2016 –|
18 February 2017
Brahmarakshas - Jaag Utha Shaitaan is an Indian Hindi drama supernatural fiction television series, which aired at 9 pm (Sat-Sun) on Zee TV. The series is loosely based on fantasy thriller film, Jaani Dushman and the western fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast. It is aired on weekend nights (Saturday-Sunday). The series is produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under their banner Balaji Telefilms.
Brahmarakshas is the story of a young girl from Mumbai named Raina who goes to Kamalpura with her best friend to attend a wedding. After reaching there, Raina Sharma (Krystle D'Souza) and Rishabh Shrivastav (Aham Sharma) lose Rakhi, Rishabh sister and Raina best friend in an encounter with the monster Brahmarakshas in Kamalpura village. They decide to enter into a contract marriage so that they can meet and take revenge from the monster that is responsible for the death of the brides.They slowly discover love after marriage. Before 20 years Brahmarakshas was landlord in Kamalpura named Thakur Sanjay. He was betrayed by his wife named Aparajita and then he died and became Brahmarakshas. He hates newly wed brides because he remembers his wife Aparajita's betrayal seeing them. Aparajita is Rishab's aunt and foster mother Mohini's friend. Soon Everybody finds out about Aparajita's truth. Aparajita dies and becomes Brahmarkshas. Soon Aparajita's chapter is complete and she died and the Brahmarakshas is now controlled by Mohini. Raina and Rishab have disagreements and separate, leaving Rishab to marry Kiara for saving their family business. Rishab realizes that Kiara is fake and that his heart truly belongs to Raina. Mohini's son Yug comes to know about Mohini's truth and starts helping her. Mohini tells Yug that he is her only son.She tells him that she made Sanjay Brahmarakshas using Aparajita. Soon, Rishabh's real mother Sudha Shrivastav returns. Rishabh refuses to accept her as his mother but has developed soft corner for her. Mohini wants to awake Narsimha. She takes Raina along with her. Rishabh also comes with them. Mohini takes narsimha stone from there. Rishabh comes to know about Mohini's truth. Yug also comes there.They follow Mohini. Mohini talks with Brahmarakshas. Raina hears that conversation. She comes to know about Mohini's truth. Kammo, the maid has bad mouth about Mohini to Yug and who turned against his mother, wants to get all the powers of Mohini. Also, Yug tells everybody about Mohini's truth, shows himself as a good one. Rishabh gets into Narsimha stone and everybody assumes him dead. Raina comes to know that Rishabh is alive and he is Narsimha stone. Mohini takes that stone from her and goes to asursthal. Brahmarakshas comes there. Narsimha stone falls from her hand and breaks. Raina also comes there following Mohini. Mohini dies and while dying Mohini tells Raina about Narsimha. Rishabh comes out of Narsimha stone. He calls Raina. Raina finds him. Rishabh has a bad dream. He wants to go to Narsimha mountain. Rishabh goes missing from house and goes to Narsimha mountain. Narsimha enters in him. Brahmarakshas has entered in Yug. Brahmarakshas demands Raina's blood. Naina dies. Phooli comes to know that Narsimha is in Rishabh. She tells it to everybody. A snake bites Raina and Brahmarakshas in Yug drinks her blood to get out snake's poison. By this Brahmarakshas gains more powers and then fights Narsimha. But Raina ends up in saving him. Meanwhile the whole village is against them. So Raina Rishabh and the family along with Phooli get into Haweli where Brahmarakshas was formed. Brahmarakshas in Yug along with Kammo kidnap Rishabh but Rishabh is saved. Brahmarakshas attacks the villagers and asks them to get Raina and the Family. Kammo tells them that they are in the Haweli. Meanwhile Raina gets to know the villagers are coming so all of them escape and Rishabh and Yug take a different route to confuse villagers. Yug takes Rishabh to Narsimha Mandir and reveals he is the Brahmarakshas. Raina and the family also reach there to see Rishabh in the form Narsimha and Brahmarakshas fighting. Just about Brahmarakshas takes the Green gem which contains Narsimha's power and throws it away but Raina goes in search for it and finds it. Just when Brahmarakshas is about to win Raina gets the stone and Narsimha counter attacks and Raina grabs the sword and stabs Brahmarakshas thus ending the chapter. Finally Raina and Rishabh are united.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: This section needs to be expanded to include brief character descriptions (not just family trees) as well as real-world context about casting, departures, etc. Parentheticals should be converted to normal prose. Information about a character's demise should be explained, as "deceased" is vague. For an example of what this section should ideally look like, see List of Millennium characters. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Krystle D'Souza as Raina Suresh Sharma/Raina Rishabh Shrivastava
- Aham Sharma as Rishabh Shrivastava/Narsimha
- Parag Tyagi as Brahmarakshas/Thakur Sanjay
- Rakshanda Khan as Mohini Nigam/Mohini Nalin Shrivastava
- Shahab Khan as Suresh Sharma
- Kishwer Merchant as Aparajita/Brahmarakshas
- Shailesh Datar as Nalin Shrivastava
- Karan Chhabra as Shivam
- Rishabh Shukla as Thakur Aditya Nigam
- Abhaas Mehta as Yug Nalin Shrivastava
- Ojaswi Oberoi as Naina Yug Shrivastava
- Kunal Vohra as Ved Nigam
- Srishti Maheshwari as Mitali Nigam
- Sonia Rakkar as Gayatri
- Sahil Uppal as Ajay
- Karan Sharma as Anil
- Charu Mehra as Rakhi Shrivastava
- Apara Mehta as Jasmit Shrivastava/Jassi/Dadi Bua
- Nikunj Malik as Kiara
- Alefia Kapadia as Kammo
- Manorama Bhattishyam as Phooli
- Mridul Das as Shyam
- Neha Dandle as Mishri
- Udit Shukla as Varun
- Komal Sharma as Sudha Shrivastava
- Unknown as Kanakraj
|Indonesia||ANTV, Jak TV|
- "Krystle D'Souza's Brahmarakshas To Go On Air From August". Filmi Beat. 26 July 2016.
- "Brahmarakshas Review: Barring a few glitches, This was one of the highest rated show to ever be aired on Zee Tv.Krystle D'Souza's show manages to impress". Times of India. 8 August 2016.
- "BARC Report Week 37: Not Kavach, it's Brahmarakshas that has matched Naagin's success!". Bollywood Life. 22 September 2016.
- "reasons Brahmarakshas is everyone's favourite show right now". India Today. 23 September 2016.
- "Zee TV to launch supernatural weekend show on 6 Aug". Television Post. 1 August 2016.
- "Raina Sharma". /www.ozee.com. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Krystle D'Souza to star in Ekta Kapoor's new TV show Brahmarakshas". Film Beat. 19 July 2016.
- "Rishabh Shrivastava". /www.ozee.com. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Ekta Kapoor's Brahmarakshas Promo Out: Krystal D'Souza Makes A Comeback!". Filmi Beat. 20 July 2016.
- Chaya Unnikrishnan (4 November 2016). "Parag Tyagi returns as Brahmarakshas". Daily News and Analysis.
- "Next Article » Brahmarakshas promo review: Krystle D'Souza's bridal blush is ruined by a MONSTER!". Bollywood Life. 22 July 2016.
- "Karan Chhabra to enter Brahmarakshas - Times of India". Times of India. 2 November 2016.
- "New entry to add twist in Brahmarakshas!". ABP News. 3 November 2016.
- Shweta Mahesh (29 October 2016). "Krystle D'souza has a new 'Karan' in her life – read details - Bollywoodlife.com". Bollywoodlife.
- "Rishabh, Srashti and Mridul in Zee TV's Brahmarakshas". Tellychakkar.
- "Abhaas-Ojaswi return to small screen with Balaji's next for Zee TV". Tellychakkar. 15 July 2016.
- "Kunal Vohra to debut with Zee TV's Brahmarakshas". Times of India. 22 July 2016.
- "Saahil, Charu and Karan in Zee TV's Brahmarakshas". Tellychakkar. 2 August 2016.