Brain Injury (journal)
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Jeffrey S. Kreutzer, Nathan D. Zasler|
|Frequency||14 issues per year|
Brain Injury is a monthly, peer-reviewed, medical journal published by Taylor & Francis. Furthermore, it is the official journal of the International Brain Injury Association, (IBIA). The chief editors are Jeffrey Kreutzer (Virginia Commonwealth University) and Nathan Zasler (University of Virginia).
Aims and scope
This journal covers all topics of research and clinical practice, pertaining to brain damage in adult and pediatric populations. More specifically, the range of coverage includes fundamental research, clinical studies, brain injury translational medicine, as well as emergency room practices, acute medical delivery, rehabilitation through various phases, family issues, vocational concerns, and long term support. Disorders that are psychological, functional, communicative, or neurological are covered from the perspective of assessment and intervention.
Abstracting and indexing
- BIOSIS previews
- CSA Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts
- Current Contents / Clinical Medicine
- Excerpta Medica / EMBASE
- Index Medicus / MEDLINE
- Neuroscience Citation Index
- Research Alert
- Science Citation Index
- Sociological Abstracts
According to Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, it is indexed in Scopus, MEDLINE, PubMed, Biological Abstracts, PsycINFO, and other indexing and abstracting services. According to the 2010 Journal Citation Reports the 2014 impact factor is 1.808, and the ranking for this journal is 181 of 230 in the Neurosciences.
- "Home page". Bibliographic information, journal description, and other information. Taylor & Francis. December 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Editorial Board Members". Brain Injury. Taylor & Francis. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- "Catalog record". Bibliographic information for this journal. Library of Congress. 2003. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Aims and Scope". Describes scope, and list indexing databases. Taylor & Francis. December 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Master Journal List". Database indexing for this journal. Thomson Reuters. 2003. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- > "Neuroscience Citation Index" (Scroll through list to see this journal). Database indexing for this journal. Thomson Reuters. 2003. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Ulrichsweb.com-Full Citation". Ulrich's Periodicals Directory.