|Headquarters||Waltham, MA, USA|
Greg Flynn, President and CEOJoe Gustafson, Founder & Chairman
Brainshark provides Web-based applications and products, delivered via software as a service (SaaS), to help companies improve sales effectiveness and productivity. The company offers a sales enablement platform and product suite.
The company’s core product is Brainshark, a sales enablement platform which helps organizations create dynamic content used for sales training, onboarding and coaching. 
Brainshark launched its coaching solution in February, 2016 
To create a Brainshark, you upload a PowerPoint deck or other business content (e.g. document, image, or video) to the hosted site and then use the telephone or computer microphone to record voice narration. You can add additional features such as polls, quizzes, attachments, etc. The final presentation can be delivered via a Web link or can be embedded in a Web page, and you can track various statistics, including who viewed your presentation and time spent viewing it, and receive reports and alerts of viewing activity.
In October 2011, Brainshark released SlideShark, a mobile app for the Apple iPad and Apple iPhone that lets users properly display PowerPoint presentations on iOS devices, with animations, graphics, fonts, videos and hyperlinks intact. You can also use SlideShark to share PowerPoint content online and track viewing behavior. SlideShark's Broadcasting capabilities let mobile presenters invite in-person and remote meeting attendees to view their presentations live over the Web. The "Presenter Mode" feature lets users view slide notes and thumbnails on the iPad while presenting – while the audience sees only the slide content on a separate screen. The basic single-user version of SlideShark is free, with paid upgrades available, including SlideShark Team Edition, a version for businesses with enhanced content management and reporting features.
Brainshark is used in a wide range of industries, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, technology, non-profit, and others for training, sales and marketing, channel, and corporate communications.
- Brainshark.com, "The goal of sales readiness isn't just to ensure reps are completing their training - but mastering it. That's where Brainshark can help.," 21 April 2017, https://www.brainshark.com/sales-readiness
- Brainshark.com, “Brainshark Solutions,” 21 April 2017, https://www.brainshark.com/solutions
- Learning Solutions Magazine, “Brainshark Launches Sales Coaching Solution to Help Organizations Drive Greater Sales Performance,” https://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/1900/brainshark-launches-sales-coaching-solution-to-help-organizations-drive-greater-sales-performance
- Entrepreneur, “myBrainshark Makes Your PowerPoint a Big Star on YouTube,” 8 September 2010, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 December 2010. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
- Brainshark's website, “Create Presentations,” http://www.brainshark.com/products/Brainshark-On-Demand/Create.aspx
- Brainshark's website, “Enrich and Manage Presentations,” http://www.brainshark.com/products/Brainshark-On-Demand/enrich-and-manage.aspx
- TheNextWeb, "PowerPoint on the iPad? SlideShark Makes it Happen Seamlessly," 18 October 2011, http://thenextweb.com/apps/2011/10/18/powerpoint-on-the-ipad-slideshark-makes-it-happen-seamlessly/
- USAToday,"SlideShark: PowerPoint on the iPad", 2 November 2011, http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2011/11/slideshark-powerpoint-on-the-ipad/1
- PCWorld, “App Spotlight: SlideShark Puts PowerPoint in Your Pocket,” 5 September 2012, http://www.pcworld.com/article/261932/app_spotlight_slideshark_puts_powerpoint_in_your_pocket.html
- BusinessNewsDaily, “SlideShark Lets Mobile Users Broadcast Their Presentations Live, Over the Web,” 26 March 2013, http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4219-slideshark-mobile-users-web-broadcast.html
- InformationWeek, "iPad PowerPoint App Swims Into The Enterprise", 3 February 2012, http://www.informationweek.com/thebrainyard/news/document_sharing_collaborative_writing/232600180
- VentureBeat, “SlideShark Now Lets You Broadcast Presentations Live from your iPhone or iPad,” 26, 2013, http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/25/slideshark-broadcast-launch/
- ReadWriteWeb, "Giving iPad PowerPoint Presentations Just Got a Lot Better,” 15 May 2012, http://www.readwriteweb.com/mobile/2012/05/giving-ipad-powerpoint-presentations-just-got-a-lot-better.php
- Insurance Networking News, “Top 5 Trends for 2013 — Mobility,” 1 December 2012, http://www.insurancenetworking.com/issues/2008_89/top-5-trends-for-2013-mobility-31436-1.html?pg=1
- Insurance & Technology, “Innovating in a Down Market: BCBS of Florida Leverages Brainshark,” 5 May 2009, http://insurancetech.com/management-strategies/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217200806&_requestid=317860
- BtoB, “Curian Capital Delivers a Differentiator to Advisers,” 9 March 2009, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 March 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
- CITEworld, “Red Hat to Employees: Yes, Please Bring New Apps to Work,” 4 February 2013, http://www.citeworld.com/consumerization/21382/red-hat-bring-apps-to-work
- The Wall Street Journal, “Helping Themselves,” 22 April 2009, http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124025204612335931.html
- Mobile Enterprise, “NASA Uses iPads and SlideShark for Deep Sea Training,” 11 October 2012, http://mobileenterprise.edgl.com/news/nasa-uses-ipads-and-slideshark-for-deep-sea-training82521
- DemandGen Report, “Brainshark Launches Sales Enablement Portal,” 21 May 2013, http://www.demandgenreport.com/industry-topics/industry-news/2147-brainshark-launches-sales-enablement-portal-.html#.UaUdfZx3Ddp
- Channel Marketer Report, “Brainshark Channel Edition Aims To Speed Onboarding, Training, And Marketing Development For Improved Sales Results,” 23 January 2012, http://channelmarketerreport.com/2012/01/brainshark-channel-edition-aims-to-speed-onboarding-training-and-marketing-development-for-improved-sales-results/