Brainworks Learning Systems
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Brainworks Learning Systems|
|Motto||Discovering the genius in your child|
|Chief Executive Officer||Nanette D'Sa|
Brainworks Kids creative learning was established in May 2008 by Better Value brands. Started with 14 company owned outlets in Western India, Brainworks launched its franchising drive in October 2008. It offers facilities like a playschool, nursery, KG, day care and hobby classes for children.
The Brainworks LDP (Learning Development Program) consists of the ‘windows of opportunity’ that maximizes development through a scientific curriculum for Preschool, Structured Learning Day care and curriculum based creative learning for hobby classes. The three programs that run are:
- Playgroup for 1.5 to 2.5 year old children and Nursery for 2.5 to 3.5 year old children.
- Structured Learning Daycare for children 1.5 yr – 6 yr old children
- Hobby Classes is a six-month program held once a week (1.5 hr session) for children 1.5 to 3 year old.
Brainwork has designed its curriculum and methodology based on scientific brain research studies. The goal of Brainworks preschools is to provide a research driven teaching and learning environment that maximises the "window of opportunity" for the brain for children between 0 and 6 years of age.
Brainworks schools are located in residential locations. The average school size is about 1500 to 2,000 square feet (190 m2). This area includes at least four classrooms, a play area, a pantry, storage spaces and child-friendly washrooms. All washrooms are self-contained within the classroom or within the school complex.
Brainwork is an initiative of Popular Prakashan to reach the mass audience. The parent company Better Value Brands Pvt. Ltd. consists of group firms including Talwalkars, Popular Prakashan, Better Value Restaurants, Lateral Heights and Naturals Ice cream.
The company's growth strategy is to grow through a prudent mix of company-owned centres as well as through franchising. It plans to offer franchisees a significant value by providing them not just pre-school or day-care curriculum but also merchandising opportunities through Brainworks books. Brainworks' has expanded through the franchising model and has play schools across Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur in the State of Maharashtra, India and will be launching franchisees in Delhi, Jaipur and Agra soon. Franchise Model caters to the consumers in the key metropolises in India where the need for education is overwhelming. New India Franchise Model keeps the expanding New India in mind. Women Entrepreneur Franchise Model is specially designed to cater to women franchisees.
- "Education & training sector : Learning pathways". franchise India.
- "Brainworks opens preschool in Tirupur". The Hindu. 2010-07-02.
- "Budding business". Franchise India. 2010-03-12.
- "Brainworks preschools get cracking in city". The Indian Express. 2008-07-08.
- "Exit the cubicle And into the boss`s shoes". franchise India.
- "Preschool and Nursery business: Franchise or start on your own?". Dare. 2008-09-30.