Bramalea Secondary School
|Bramalea Secondary School|
510 Balmoral Drive
|School type||Public High School|
|Motto||"The future belongs to those who prepare for it."|
|School board||Peel District School Board|
|Area trustee||Beryl Ford|
|Language||English, French Immersion|
|Colour(s)||Double Blue and White|
|Mascot||Bruno the Bronco|
|Team name||Bramalea Broncos|
|Last updated: June 17, 2011|
On December 10, 2004, a gunman shot 47-year-old grade 10 teacher Aysegul Candir in the head multiple times in a Bramalea Secondary School parking lot. Mrs. Candir was pronounced dead in hospital later in the day. Peel Regional Police would later apprehend Candir's 62-year-old husband, Erhun, and charged him with murder. The incident was considered as a domestic dispute.
- The 2008-09 school year marked a significant change for Bramalea's yearbook program.
- A new website BSS Yearbook was launched. The main feature of the website is an online photo gallery for the other 99% of photos that don't make it into the book.
In 2012, 307 students graduated from the school. East Asians, South Asians, and Blacks made up almost 80% of the graduating class. In 1983, there were two black students and four South Asian students among the 142 graduating students.
Honour (school year)
This section does not cite any sources. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 2008-2009 Junior Boys Volleyball Team Tier 2 Champion
- 2008-2009 Junior Boys Cricket Champion
- 2009-2010 Junior Boys Soccer Champion
- 2009-2010 Boys Curling Silver Medalist
- 2009-2010 Junior Boys Basketball ROPSSAA Tier 2 Champion
- 2009-2010 Senior Boys Rugby ROPSSAA Tier 2 Champion
- 2010-2011 Girl Field Hockey semi finalist
- 2010-2011 Girl Flag Football Semi-Finalist
- 2010-2011 Boys Curling ROPSSAA Champion, Advanced to OFSAA
- 2010-2011 Senior Boys Basketball ROPSSAA Tier 2 Champion
- 2010-2011 Badminton: Marrio Campbell is Runner up in Senior Badminton Final tournament and Finished in Quarterfinal in OFSAA in Flight B
- 2010-2011 Senior Cricket Team: Tier 2 silver Medalist.
Notable alumni and faculty
- Andrew Cassels, retired NHL Player
- Dave Cranmer, CFL halfback
- Alain Kashama, CFL and NFL defensive end
- Tara Oram, country singer
- Jasvir Rakkar, baseball player
- Mitchell, Bob (January 23, 2007). "Wife lived in fear, murder trial told". thestar.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Bascaramurty, Dakshana. "How Brampton demonstrates the new vision of Canada ." The Globe and Mail. Saturday June 15, 2013. Retrieved on October 28, 2014.
- "Brampton becoming a baseball hotbed?". mississauga.com. Retrieved July 8, 2015.