Brampton Manor Academy
|Brampton Manor Academy|
Roman Road, East Ham
|Former name||Brampton Manor School|
|Motto||Success through effort and determination|
|Local authority||Newham London Borough Council|
|Trust||Brampton Manor Trust|
|Department for Education URN||136669 Tables|
|Executive Principal||Dayo Olukoshi|
Brampton Manor Academy (formerly Brampton Manor School) is an 11–18 mixed, secondary school and selective sixth form with academy status in East Ham, London, England. It is the second largest school in the London Borough of Newham.
The school was rated "outstanding" in its two most recent Ofsted inspections, which took place in 2012 and 2018.
In the 2018 Department for Education school league tables, Brampton Manor Academy ranked the highest achieving school in Newham at GCSE, with a Progress 8 score of 1.15, an Attainment 8 score of 59.2, 86% of students entering Ebacc, and an Ebacc Average Point Score of 5.25. The school also achieves outstanding A-Level results. In 2017 the school achieved a progress score at A-level of 0.63, the highest in Newham, with the vast majority of sixth-form students progressing on to higher education at Russell Group universities. In 2019, 41 of its students were offered Oxbridge places.
There have been extensive renovations of the school in recent years. A new sports hall was built and the old sports hall has been turned into a drama studio with a theatre at the front as Brampton Manor is now a specialist performing arts academy. There is also a new Media/Art suite, with a chill out area and huge Media rooms for both performing, recording and dance use. There is a new state-of-the-art sixth form centre and expanded catering facilities to deal with the growing student population.
- Ravi Bopara, professional cricketer for England and Essex.
- Jade Ewen, finalist performer at Eurovision 2009 and member of Sugababes
- Ghetts, grime music artist
- Rob May, musician and record producer
- Dudley O'Shaughnessy, model and actor
- Dominic Poleon, Professional footballer for Bradford City A.F.C..
- "Welcome from the Executive Principal". Brampton Manor Academy. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Brampton Manor Academy". Get information about schools. GOV.UK. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "Headteacher outcry over £7m SEND pot assigned to academy expansion". 10 October 2017.
- Pevsner, The Buildings of England - Essex, Second Edition 1965
- "East Ham: Education and charities - British History Online". www.british-history.ac.uk.
- Brampton Manor Academy - Ofsted Report. Ofsted. 2018. p. 8.
- "London state school secures 41 Oxbridge offers". BBC News. 17 January 2019. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Ofsted Communications Team. (2010-11-05). "Find an inspection report". reports.ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Brampton Manor Academy - GOV.UK". Find and compare schools in England. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|