Brampton Manor Academy
|Headteacher||Dr. Dayo Okuloshi OBE|
|DfE URN||136669 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Website||Brampton Manor Academy website|
Brampton Manor Academy is a secondary school and sixth form with academy status situated in East Ham, east London. As of February 2018, the school has over 2,200 students enrolled, of which 584 are enrolled on a post-16 study programme. Brampton Manor is the second largest school in Newham.
The school's purpose-built sixth form opened in September 2012.
The school was rated "outstanding" in its two most recent Ofsted inspections, which took place in 2012 and 2018.
The Brampton Manor uniform consists of the following:
- White shirt
- blue blazer with logo
- Navy blue trousers, skirts or religious dresses
- Black shoes only
- Navy blue headscarves
- Black, navy blue or white hair accessories (hair accessories must be subtle)
The Brampton Manor PE uniform consists of the following:
- Navy polo shirt with logo
- Navy blue PE shorts
- (Optional) Blue hoodie with logo
A new sports hall was built and the old sports hall has been turned into a drama studio with a theatre at the front as Brampton Manor is now a specialist performing arts academy. There is also a new Media/Art suite, with a chill out area and huge Media rooms for both performing, recording and Dance use.
Planning has finished to convert the east side of the school to make it look like the west side, as the school ran out of money nine years ago when they were designing it.
Notable former pupils
- Jade Ewen, finalist performer at Eurovision 2009 and member of Sugababes
- Ghetts, grime music artist
- Rob May, musician and record producer
- Dudley O'Shaughnessy, model and actor
- Ravi Bopara, Professional cricketer for England and Essex.
- Dominic Poleon, Professional footballer for Bradford City A.F.C..
- Brampton Manor Academy - Ofsted Report. Ofsted. 2018. p. 8.
- Schools Week https://schoolsweek.co.uk/headteacher-outcry-after-7m-send-pot-assigned-to-academy-expansion/
- Pevsner, The Buildings of England - Essex, Second Edition 1965
- W R Powell, A History of the County of Essex: Volume 6. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/essex/vol6/pp38-43
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Ofsted Communications Team. (2010-11-05). "Find an inspection report". reports.ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|