Brander Gardens, Edmonton
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Bryan Anderson|
|• Total||1.02 km2 (0.39 sq mi)|
|Elevation||665 m (2,182 ft)|
|• Density||2,387.3/km2 (6,183/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||0.1%|
Brander Gardens is a residential neighbourhood located in south west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada overlooking the North Saskatchewan River valley. In the river valley, immediately below the neighbourhood, is Fort Edmonton Park.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the east by Whitemud Drive and to the south by 51 Avenue. To the north and west the neighbourhood overlooks the river valley.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Brander Gardens had a population of  a 0.1% change from its 2009 population of 2,432. With a land area of 1.02 km2 (0.39 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,387.3 people/km2 in 2012.2,435 living in 1,136 dwellings,
According to the 2001 federal census, substantially all residential development in the neighbourhood occurred during the 1970s when three out of every four (74.4%) of all residences were built. Another one in eight (13%) were built during the 1960s while one in twelve (8.4%) were built during the 1980s.
The neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, contains a wide variety of housing types in large numbers. The most common type of residence, accounting for approximately one in three (36%) of all residences are a mixture of rented apartments and apartment style condominiums in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Almost as numerous, accounting for three out of every ten (30%) af all residences, are single-family dwellings. Row houses account for another one in four (24%) residences while duplexes account for one in ten (10%) of all residences. Three out of every five (60%) residences are owner-occupied while two out of every five (40%) are rented.
The population in Brander Gardens is somewhat mobile. According to the 2005 municipal census, one in seven (14.7%) had moved within the previous twelve months. Another one in five (21.4%) had moved within the previous one to three years. Just under half (49.7%) had lived at the same address for at least five years.
There are four schools in the neighbourhood. Riverbend Junior High School and Brander Gardens Elementary School are both operated by the Edmonton Public School System. St. Monica Catholic Junior High School is operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System. The fourth school is Tempo School.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.