This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. The reason given is: While the article refers to the existence of magazine articles and internet videos that support its claims, some of these are not properly referenced.. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Glanville in 2014
Brandi Lynn Glanville
November 16, 1972
|Television||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills|
The Eric Andre Show
Celebrity Big Brother (UK)
Celebrity Big Brother (U.S.)
(m. 2001; div. 2010)
Brandi Lynn Glanville (born November 16, 1972) is an American television personality, author, fashion designer and former model. She is best known for appearing on the reality television series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (2011–2016, 2019-present). She also hosts a podcast called Brandi Glanville Unfiltered and has appeared on television shows Celebrity Apprentice, Celebrity Big Brother, Famously Single, and My Kitchen Rules. Glanville has released two books, Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders (2013) and Drinking and Dating (2014), which became New York Times Best Sellers.
Glanville was born in Salinas, California and raised in Sacramento, California as the middle child of Judith (née Swinehart) and Guy Glanville. She has said her father grew marijuana, and she would sell it as she got older, admitting on Celebrity Big Brother that with her siblings, older sister Tricia, and younger brother Michael, she had blackmailed her father in order to obtain money. Her father worked three jobs to support the family, such as working at a grocery store and gas station. Her mother worked as a housekeeper. She attended Willow Rancho Baptist School and Gloria Dei Luther and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School.
At the age of 16, Glanville moved to Paris, France, and began modeling. She was signed to Elite Model Management and worked in Hamburg, Munich, Los Angeles, New York and Tokyo. By the next year, she was taking part in Paris runway shows. She has appeared in several magazines, including Glamour, Cosmopolitan, NW and Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine. She appeared on the magazine cover of UK's The Times in January 2014. Glanville has worked for well-known brands including Valentino, Versace, Chanel, Giorgio Armani, and Gucci. She has appeared in a commercial for Coors Light.
In December 2012, she launched a clothing line called "Brand B", which was sold exclusively on Amazon. Glanville's T-shirt line was launched in her official online store in 2014. The tops feature slogans such as "Medicated" and "It's Not Fun To Be Sober" and are priced between $25 to $30.
In 2011, Glanville appeared on the second season of the Bravo reality series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She made several appearances throughout the season as a "Friend of the Housewives", and on the reunion episode. She revealed to radio host Howard Stern that she made $18,000 as a part-time cast member during her first season on the show. The following year, she and Yolanda Hadid joined the cast as housewives for its third season. She left the series after its fifth season in 2015, before returning as a guest star in the show's sixth, ninth and tenth seasons.
In 2015, Glanville competed on the seventh season of Celebrity Apprentice, where she was fired two weeks before the finale. She appeared on the E! reality series Famously Single in 2016. In 2017, Glanville competed with Dean Sheremet on the FOX reality cooking series My Kitchen Rules, where they finished in third place. That same year, she took part as a housemate on season 20 of Celebrity Big Brother UK. She was the fourth housemate to be evicted on Day 18. In 2018, Glanville took part as a HouseGuest on season 1 of Celebrity Big Brother U.S. She was the fifth HouseGuest to be evicted on Day 24. She also appeared on the second season of Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition with her father, Guy Glanville.
In 2013, she co-hosted an episode of CNN anchorman Anderson Cooper's talk show Anderson. In February 2013, she worked as a fashion correspondent and hosted the Academy Awards for ABC’s On the Red Carpet. In 2013, she also appeared as herself on The CW's teen drama series 90210, in the episode "Dude, Where's My Husband?". She portrayed Erica in Lifetime's television film Missing at 17 (2013), Housewife Veronica in comedy film The Hungover Games (2014) and Tech Whitley in Syfy's disaster television film Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (2016).
Books and writing
In early 2013 she released a book with Leslie Bruce, Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders, which became a #1 New York Times bestseller. LA Weekly called the book "the best piece of celeb literature we've ever come across." People magazine also gave the book a positive review by writing: "Yet as crazy as she might come off here (and on TV), she's strangely relatable, like someone it would be really fun to have drinks with." Glanville's second book with Leslie Bruce, Drinking and Dating: P.S. Social Media Is Ruining Romance was published on February 11, 2014. The book focuses on her relationships and dating life as a single mother.
Glanville is popular on social media and endorses products such as beauty and wellness products on Instagram. She has partnered with several brands, including Hand MD Skincare hand care range, Lifeline Skin Care products, FabFitFun beauty subscription box, Teami Blends teas and Singles Swag subscription box. On November 4, 2013, Glanville began a weekly podcast show entitled Brandi Glanville Unfiltered. On the podcast Glanville discusses her life, popular culture, and holds interviews with various personalities.
Glanville's Sonoma County Chardonnay titled “Unfiltered Blonde" was launched in partnership with Rippey Wine Company in April 2015. The wine received a Bronze Medal in the Celebrity Wine Division at the 2015 Los Angeles International Wine Awards and was rated 90 points by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. She has also created an Android mobile application called Blunder Block.
Glanville served as the Celebrity Grand Marshal at the Sacramento Pride in June 2013. In July 2013, Glanville and Charitybuzz organized a charity project auctioning off a chance to spend an entire day with her, valued at $10,000. Proceeds from the auction benefited The Foundation For Living Beauty, which provides free services to help women with cancer and cancer survivors. She supported the David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala and Concert in Calgary on September 27, 2014.
She supports children's charity Make-a-Wish Foundation and chose the latter as her charity of choice when competing on Celebrity Apprentice. Through Celebrity Apprentice, she was able to secure a donation of $80,000 to the foundation. In December 2014, she promoted and encouraged the sales of Make-a-Wish Foundation's holiday cards on Facebook, Twitter and her official Bravo blog. In April 2015, she participated in Make-a-Wish Foundation's "Walk for Wishes" charity walk and had a personal goal of raising $15,000 for the organization. She received a Woman's Achievement Award from Associates for Breast and Prostate Cancer Studies based in California on May 6, 2015. In June 2017, Glanville participated in a bachelor auction with television personality Eden Sassoon. The event raised money for the breast cancer organization Susan G. Komen, as part of the Babes For Boobs charity event.
In March 2018, Glanville, Carole Radziwill and Teresa Giudice attended “An Evening With Celebrity Housewives” charity event at The Ridgefield Playhouse. Proceeds from the event's meet and greet tickets benefited actress Mariska Hargitay’s Joyful Heart Foundation.
Glanville began dating actor Eddie Cibrian in September 1998 and the couple got married on May 12, 2001. They have two sons, Mason Edward (b. 2003) and Jake Austin (b. 2007). The couple divorced in 2010 after Cibrian had an extramarital affair with singer LeAnn Rimes, who was also married at the time. "Marriages break up all the time. People have affairs. Happens every day. It matters how you handle yourself after and if you're actually remorseful. I've never found LeAnn to be remorseful. I found her to be like, 'Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah, I got your family'", Glanville said in 2013. She was in good terms with Rimes and Cibrian by mid-2018.
Glanville was sued by model Joanna Krupa for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress related to false comments about Krupa made by Glanville on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live television show. After several years of legal process Glanville issued a public apology to Krupa. Glanville discussed the settlement agreement she reached with Krupa on her podcast Unfiltered Blonde in 2019 and stated that she paid around $500,000.00 in legal fees and settlement costs. Glanville stated on her podcast Unfiltered Blonde in March 2019 that this amount of money was her entire savings and that she had been saving for a home. Glanville also stated on the same podcast that she believed it was Lisa Vanderpump's fault that she could not buy a house and was "forced" to spend all of her savings because, according to Glanville, Vanderpump would not support Glanville in depositions.
In her free time, she enjoys "dancing, cooking, golfing, Pilates, hiking, staying active in her charities and building Lego castles with her boys."
- Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders (2013) ISBN 978-1476707631
- Drinking and Dating: P.S. Social Media Is Ruining Romance (2014) ISBN 978-0062296313
|Television and film roles|
|2011–2016, 2019-present||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||95 episodes, Recurring (Season 2) Main Cast (Season 3-5) Guest star (Season 6 & 9) Recurring (Season 10)|
|2012||The Eric Andre Show||Herself||Episode "Brandi Glanville"|
|2013||Vanderpump Rules||Herself||Episodes: "Tooth or Consequences", "Rich People Annoy Me"|
|2013||Anderson||Herself / Co-host||Episode: "'Safe Haven' Star Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough/Co-Host Brandi Glanville/Money-Saving Secrets"|
|2013||90210||Herself||Episode: "Dude, Where's My Husband?"|
|2013||Missing at 17||Erica||Television film|
|2014||The Real Housewives of New York City||Herself||Episode: "Unhappy Anniversary"|
|2014||The Hungover Games||Housewife Veronica||Comedy film|
|2015||Celebrity Apprentice||Herself||Contestant; 8 episodes|
|2016||Sharknado: The 4th Awakens||Tech Whitley||Television film|
|2016||Famously Single||Herself||8 episodes|
|2017||My Kitchen Rules||Herself||Contestant; 8 episodes|
|2017||Hollywood Medium||Herself||Episode: "Brandi Glanville/Joanna Garcia Swisher/Chuck Liddell/Tiffany Haddish"|
|2017||What Happens at the Abbey||Herself||Episode: "Welcome to the Abbey"|
|2017||Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul||Herself||Episode: "Episode #1.10"|
|2017||Celebrity Big Brother 20 (UK)||Herself||20 episodes|
|2018||Celebrity Big Brother 1 (U.S.)||Herself||12 episodes|
|2018||Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition||Herself||Season 12|
- Harnick, Chris. "Celebrity Apprentice Cast Revealed! Kate Gosselin, Brandi Glanville, Kevin Jonas and More Enter the Boardroom", Eonline, November 4, 2014
- Lee, Elyssa (October 2013). "Reality Star Brandi Glanville". Sactown Magazine. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Hawks, Asa (September 5, 2011). "Brandi Glanville bio, new cast member on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". Starcasm.net. Archived from the original on December 27, 2014. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Reality Star Brandi Glanville". www.sactownmag.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Used to Be a Model — Here's Proof". Bustle. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Nat (2019-02-13). "10 Things You Didn't Know About Brandi Lynn Glanville". TVOvermind. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Hawks, Asa (September 6, 2011). "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Brandi Glanville modeling photos". Starcasm.net. Archived from the original on December 27, 2014. Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- Nast, Condé. "Brandi Glanville Tells Us: "If You've Ever Wondered if He Could Cheat, Read This."". Glamour. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Los Angeles socialite Brandi Glanville shares her best Valentine's Day dating tips". www.coleman-rayner.com. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "#tbt to my @nwmag shoot! Was soooo much fun!"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Lisa Vanderpump Announced Her Departure as Editor-in-Chief of Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine". Bravo TV Official Site. 2018-10-12. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Weatherby, Jager (2012-11-30). "First Look at Brandi Glanville's Photoshoot For Beverly Hills Lifestyle Magazine". Wetpaint. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Here's everything you DIDN'T know about CBB's Brandi Glanville". Heat. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "The Times magazine - Brandi Glanville cover (25 January 2014)". CrazyAboutMagazines. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Blakely, Rhys (2014-01-25). "Brandi Glanville: 'Am I notorious? Yes'". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Brandi Glanville - The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season Two - Bios - Bravo TV Official Site". Archived from the original on October 28, 2011. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- organic (2016-07-01). "Who Knew Wednesday—Brandi Glanville Unusual Facts". Popdust. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Eddie Cibrian, Rape Jokes, Real Housewives Of Beverly". Mommyish. 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Unveils First-Ever Clothing Line, Brand B!". Wonderwall.com. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Brandi Glanville Unveils First-Ever Clothing Line, Brand B!". Us Weekly. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "#TBT The Nikki West, Lolly and Brand B fashion show! So much fun! ❤️❤️❤️"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Unveils Her New Web Store". Bravo TV Official Site. 2014-08-13. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Brandi Glanville Responds To Flak Over Wearing Anti-Sobriety T-Shirt While Out With Kim Richards". www.inquisitr.com. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Cat Fight! Watch Brandi Glanville's Real Housewives Debut". Us Weekly. September 23, 2011. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Brandi Glanville on 'Real Housewives': What did you think?". EW.com. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "10 Things You Might Not Know About Brandi Glanville!". Lifetime UK. 2017-02-03. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "'Real Housewives' Salaries Revealed". HuffPost. 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- Reality Tea. "Report: Glanville a Full-Time Housewife on RHOBH". Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Why Brandi Glanville Is Off RHOBH: 'She Was a Diva,' Source Says". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Vestal Robson, Shannon (November 4, 2014). "Meet the new cast of The Celebrity Apprentice". PopSugar.
- "Kenya and Brandi Get Booted From 'Celebrity Apprentice'". Bravo TV Official Site. 2015-02-03. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- Swift, Andy; Swift, Andy (2015-02-03). "The Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Monday, Bloody Monday". TVLine. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "Brandi Glanville from Investigating the Career of a Full-Time Reality Star". E! Online. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Petski, Denise (May 13, 2016). "Fox Orders 'My Kitchen Rules' Cooking Series With Curtis Stone & Cat Cora". TV Tonight. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- Piester, Lauren (January 28, 2018). "Big Brother: Celebrity Edition cast revealed: Omarosa, Brandi Glanville and more move in next week". Eonline.
- "Brandi Glanville | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "PHOTOS: Brandi Glanville's Oscars Cleavage Is A Little Much". HuffPost. 2013-02-24. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Which 'Housewife' Is Worth $10K?". HuffPost. 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Check Out Brandi Glanville's Acting Debut". E! Online. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Stuff I Know After Reading Brandi Glanville's "Drinking and Tweeting"". Stuff Roach Knows. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Trachta, Ali (2013-02-12). "Brandi Glanville's Book Drinking & Tweeting: 8 Incredible Revelations". LA Weekly. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "What We're Reading This Weekend: Juicy Celebrity Memoirs". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "Drinking and Dating". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "The 7 Biggest Bombshells in Brandi Glanville's New Book". Bravo TV Official Site. 2014-02-11. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Exclusively Chats to Us at NW Magazine's 21st Birthday Bash", The Australian Reporter, November 14, 2014
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "#ad Have you ever heard that a woman's hands show her true age? Well @handmdskincare has your new secret weapon with their Daily Dual…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "Relationship Status: Committed to inner peace, gratitude, self love and quality skin care. Spoil yourself with 30% off your entire order,…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "#Fabfitfunpartner The @fabfitfun Summer box is here 🙌🏼 and it's just in time to help get us ready for summer, summer, summertime ☀️The…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "I've been overindulging a bit lately with Mother's Day and my busy life, it's been more take out and desserts than healthy homemade dinners…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "Just in: My @singlesswag box! 💋They know me so well my life is a Rose-a-coaster :) So many fun things, plus makeup and COOKIES!!! If you…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- Glanville, Brandi. "BRANDI GLANVILLE UNFILTERED". PodcastOne. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Brandi Glanville Is Coming Back To 'RHOBH' For Lunch With Denise & Things Could Get Messy". Bustle. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "ABOUT BRANDI". BRANDI GLANVILLE. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Release, Press (2015-07-12). "Brandi Glanville Debuts Chardonnay In Partnership With Rippey Wine Company This Summer". Wine Industry Advisor. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Swartz, About the Author: Kyle (2015-08-18). "Housewife Brandi Glanville Launches Unfiltered Blonde Chardonnay". Cheers!. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "UNFILTERED BLONDE". BRANDI GLANVILLE. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Her Shot: Brandi Glanville's Unfiltered Blonde | DRINKING IN AMERICA". Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- M, Elena (2013-06-11). "Sacramento Pride". Sacramento Magazine. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Charitybuzz: Lunch with Brandi Glanville & Lisa Vanderpump in the ... - Lot 3548165". Charitybuzz.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Surpasses Her Fundraising Goal For Women's Cancer Charity! How Much Did She Raise?". The Real Housewives | News. Dirt. Gossip. 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Hjalte, Lorraine. "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, from the left: Lisa Rinna, Brandi Glanville, Yolanda Foster, Kyle Richards and Kim Richards Icame out to help support the David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala and Concert in Calgary on September 27, 2014. The charity supports families where a child needs an organ donation". www.vancouversun.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi: Kyle Is Hiding Something". Bravo TV Official Site. 2015-03-18. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "Brandi: I Felt Like a Grown Up". Bravo TV Official Site. 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "Brandi: You Can't Confirm What Didn't Happen". Bravo TV Official Site. 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville Publicly Thanks LeAnn Rimes And Eddie Cibrian". www.inquisitr.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- AllThingsRH (2015-05-08). "Brandi Glanville Honored With Women Of Achievement Award". The Real Housewives - All Things Real Housewives. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Which 'RHOBH' Star Helped Honor Brandi Glanville?". Bravo TV Official Site. 2015-05-07. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "Brandi Glanville & Eden Sassoon Auctioning Off Men For Charity; Brandi Predicts Eddie Will Leave LeAnn Rimes". Reality Tea. 2017-06-07. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- Tuccio-Koonz, Linda (2018-03-15). "'An Evening with the Celebrity Housewives' at Ridgefield Playhouse". Connecticut Post. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Desk, BWW News. "Ridgefield presents AN EVENING WITH THE CELEBRITY HOUSEWIVES, 3/16". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Debnath, Nitish (2018-09-02). "Brandi Glanville Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family, Facts & Biography". Discover The Art of Publishing. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- Chiu, Alexis (2009-08-29). "Eddie Cibrian Is 'Committed to Being a Devoted Father'". people.com. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "Brandi Glanville's Son Did Something Major and It Has Her Shouting "STOP GROWING PLEASE"". Bravo TV Official Site. 2019-06-06. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Reslen, Eileen (2019-04-22). "LeAnn Rimes and Brandi Glanville spend 'awkward family Easter' together". Page Six. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Before 'RHOBH,' Brandi Glanville Was Busy". Bustle. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "Brandi Glanville recalls split horror". Cosmopolitan. 2016-06-20. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "LeAnn Rimes explains her 'awkward' family photo with Brandi Glanville". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- "Brandi Glanville on Instagram: "Peace in #calabasturd hanging for Jakes bday❤️"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-07-20.
- "'Drinking and Tweeting': Life lessons from a 'Real Housewife'". Today. Archived from the original on 27 December 2014. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Trachta, Ali. "Brandi Glanville's Book Drinking & Tweeting: 8 Incredible Revelations". LA Weekly. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Best Sellers March 03, 2013". New York Times. Retrieved 27 December 2014.