Brandon Carter (American football)
|Date of birth:||September 10, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Lakewood Township, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||319 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||Longview (TX) Spring Hill|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Brandon Scott Carter (born September 10, 1986) is a professional wrestler, formerly signed to WWE, where he worked in their developmental territory NXT Wrestling under the name TAC, and a former American football guard who played in the National Football League. Carter played college football for Texas Tech University and received All-American honors. After his college career, he was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2010.
Carter was born in Lakewood Township, New Jersey. At Spring Hill High School in Longview, Texas, he played nose guard and defensive tackle until his senior season, when he broke his hand, causing him to play offensive line.
Carter attended Texas Tech University, where he played for the Texas Tech Red Raiders football team from 2006 to 2009. In the 2008 regular season, he allowed only one sack. In 2009, Carter was listed at No. 15 on Rivals.com′s preseason offensive tackle power ranking. He was also named to the 2009 Outland Trophy watch list. On September 27, 2009, Carter was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules. He was reinstated on October 4, after missing only a single game.
New Orleans Saints
Carter was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New Orleans Saints on April 24, 2010. He was released by the Saints on September 13.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He was signed to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad on September 14, 2010. Carter was waived/injured on August 29, 2011.
Carter signed a developmental deal with the WWE in 2012 and would report to their developmental territory NXT Wrestling, where he was known as TAC. On January 14, 2013, Carter was released from his contract.
Awards and honors
- 2007, 2008 All-Big 12 honorable mention
- 2008 AFCA Coaches’ first team All-American
- 2008 Associated Press second team All-American
- Brandon Carter, New Orleans Saints. Accessed February 9, 2011. "Born Brandon Scott Carter Sept. 10, 1986 in Lakewood, N.J."
- "Texas Tech guard's game face a real hit".
- Buchanan, Olin; Dienhart, Tom; Fox, David; Huguenin, Mike; Megargee, Steve (August 22, 2009). "Preseason offensive tackle power rankings". Rivals.com.
- Richardson, Steve (August 11, 2009). "2009 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced". Football Writers Association of America.
- Griffin, Tim (2009-09-27). "Tech's Carter violates team rules". ESPN. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- Williams, Don (2009-10-04). "Carter reinstated, Potts doubtful for Saturday". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Archived from the original on 2009-10-08. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "College football season taught us many life lessons".
- "Campus Clicks". CNN. December 10, 2008. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "Another WWE Release".
- "2007 All-Big 12 Football Awards Announced".
- "2008 All-Big 12 Football Awards Announced".
- "Texas Tech's Harrell Headlines 2008 AFCA Coaches’ All-America Team". Archived from the original on 2008-12-17.
- "Associated Press names 2008 All-America Team".