||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2013)|
Brandon Colby, MD, MBA is an American physician, and writer on predictive medicine and genetic testing. Colby specializes in Personal Genomics and Anti-aging / Age Management Medicine and invented genetic technologies to personalize services and products to an individual's genes. He is the Founder and CEO of Sequencing.com.
Early life and education
Colby was born with epidermolysis bullosa simplex (EB), a rare genetic disease that causes the skin to be heat sensitive and blisters to form on the hands and feet when one's skin temperature rises above a certain level. This condition sparked his interest in genetics early in life and led to his lifelong commitment to make a difference in the world of medicine through the use of genetic technologies.
Existence Genetics was a genetic analysis and genetic reporting company that provided the healthcare industry and health & wellness organizations with information about their client’s genes.
Colby was also Medical Director of Existence Health, a medical practice founded in 2010 and based in Los Angeles that provided predictive medicine services to its patients based upon a person’s genes.
Colby is the Founder and CEO of Sequencing.com, a company that provides an online platform that turns genetic data into useful information.
In April 2011, Colby appeared on the "How to Outsmart Your Genes" episode of the TV show The Doctors. Existence Genetics performed genetic testing on several of show's guests and Colby discussed the results. The testing focused on male pattern baldness, sexual compatibility, preconception and disease predisposition.
Colby has also appeared on ABC's Good Morning America (April 2010).
- staff, Eternity Medicine. Dr. Brandon Colby at Eternity Medicine
- "Interview with Brandon Colby". Annuitydigest.com. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- Staff, Eternity Medicine. Dr. Brandon Colby at Eternity Medicine
- Staff, business-bankruptcies.com. Existence Genetics, LLC bankruptcy information Accessed June 3, 2013
- Steve Parker. "Existence Genetics Ramps up for Widespread Test Service Launch, Eyes Whole-Genome Sequencing". GenomeWeb. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- Brendan Colby. Outsmart Your Genes: How Understanding Your DNA Will Empower You to Protect Yourself Against Cancer, Alzheimer's, Heart Disease, Obesity, and Many Other Conditions. Penguin, 2010. ISBN 0399535578
- Andrea Hoffmann and Panagiotis A Tsonis. Book Review: Outsmart Your Genes Human Genomics 2011, 5:516-517
- "Show Synopsis". Thedoctorstv.com. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- 04/14/2010 (2010-04-14). "Outsmart Your Genes". ABC News. Retrieved 2011-06-01.