Born: January 23, 1976|
|MLB: August 7, 2001, for the Philadelphia Phillies|
|NPB: August 25, 2012, for the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles|
|MLB: September 28, 2008, for the Kansas City Royals|
|NPB: October 4, 2013, for the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles|
|Earned run average||5.28|
|Earned run average||4.35|
Brandon J. Duckworth (born January 23, 1976) is an American former professional baseball pitcher and scout. He played in Major League Baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies, Houston Astros, and Kansas City Royals, and in Nippon Professional Baseball for the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles. Since 2013, he has worked for the New York Yankees professional scouting department.
Duckworth signed with the Philadelphia Phillies in 1997. He made his MLB debut with the Phillies in 2001. From 2001 through 2003, Duckworth compiled a 15-18 win-loss record. On November 3, 2003, the Phillies traded Duckworth with minor leaguer Taylor Buchholz and Ezequiel Astacio to the Houston Astros for Billy Wagner. Spending the next two years in Houston with limited playing time, Duckworth signed as a free agent with the Pittsburgh Pirates in December 2005.
Without playing for the Pirates in 2006, he was traded by Pittsburgh to the Kansas City Royals for cash considerations. In his first two seasons with the Royals, his record was 4-10 with a 5.37 earned run average.
In January 2008, Duckworth was designated for assignment by the Royals to make room on the organizational roster for free agent signee Brett Tomko. He passed through waivers, and on February 1, the Royals announced that Duckworth had accepted an assignment to the Triple-A Omaha Royals. On August 24, 2008, he was recalled by Kansas City to start; in his first game, he went 5 innings, giving up 3 earned runs, and was credited with the win. In October 2009, Duckworth was granted free agency.
In January 2010, Duckworth signed a minor league contract to play with the Phillies organization.
In December 2010, Duckworth signed a minor league contract with the Boston Red Sox. On July 25, 2012, the Boston Red Sox granted Duckworth his release so he could play in Japan. Duckworth pitched for the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles of Nippon Professional Baseball in 2012 and 2013.
- Driver, David (May 23, 2012). "Kearns High graduate Brandon Duckworth pitching to get back to The Show". Deseret News. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- "Duckworth to Leave Titans for Phillies - latimes". Articles.latimes.com. August 20, 1997. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- "Phillies acquire LH closer Wagner from Astros - MLB". ESPN. November 3, 2003. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- "Notes: Duckworth heads to Triple-A". MLB.com. February 1, 2008. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Gonzalez, Aiden (January 19, 2010). "Duckworth returns to Phils on Minors deal". MLB.com. Archived from the original on January 24, 2010. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- New York Yankees announce five additions. MLB.com. Retrieved on January 30, 2014.