Brandon J. Dirden
Brandon J. Dirden
|Spouse(s)||Crystal Anne Dickinson (2006–present)|
A Morehouse and University of Illinois graduate, he made his Broadway debut in Prelude to a Kiss. He has since appeared regularly both on and off Broadway in plays such as Clybourne Park, The First Breeze of Summer and Detroit 67.
In 2012, he was awarded an OBIE Award, AUDELCO VIV Award and a Theater World Award and was nominated for The Drama League and Lucille Lortell awards for his portrayal of Boy Willie in the Signature Theatre's revival of August Wilson's The Piano Lesson.
He is married to actress Crystal A. Dickinson, whom he met while in graduate school at The University of Illinois. They have one son, Chase Ari Dirden, born March 29, 2014. His brother is Jason Dirden, also an actor. They frequently appear in plays together.
- Dirden, Brandon. "Brandon J. Dirden".
- "Brandon Dirden has a realistic new take on Martin Luther King Jr. in Robert Schenkkan's 'All the Way'". New York Daily News. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "New York 58th Annual Obies Awards – May 20, 2013 @ Webster Hall".
- "AUDELCO". Archived from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Theatre World Awards – Theatre World Awards". AUDELCO.
- "Cats and Dogs". 1 January 2000 – via IMDb.
- "Dear God". 5 October 2014 – via IMDb.
- "Public Morals". 25 August 2015 – via IMDb.
- "Brother Act: Brandon J. and Jason Dirden Take the Stage in All The Way and A Raisin in the Sun – Playbill".
- Official website
- Brandon J. Dirden at the Internet Broadway Database
- Brandon J. Dirden on IMDb
- Brandon J. Dirden at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
|This article about an American theatre actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|