Brandon J. Dirden
|Born||1978 (age 44–45)|
|Alma mater||Morehouse College|
University of Illinois
A Morehouse College and University of Illinois graduate, Dirden made his Broadway debut in Prelude to a Kiss. He has since appeared regularly both on and off Broadway in plays such as Clybourne Park, The First Breeze of Summer and Detroit 67.
He played Dennis Aderholt in The Americans.
In 2012, he received an OBIE Award, AUDELCO VIV Award and a Theater World Award and was nominated for The Drama League and Lucille Lortell awards for his portrayal of Boy Willie in the Signature Theatre's revival of August Wilson's The Piano Lesson. In 2017 he appeared in August Wilson's Jitney at Manhattan Theatre Club, and in 2022, appeared on Broadway in both Dominique Morisseau's Skeleton Crew and the revival of Richard Greenberg's Take Me Out. Dirden was nominated for a Drama Desk Award as Outstanding Actor in a Play for his role as Reggie in Skeleton Crew.
Dirden is married to actress Crystal A. Dickinson, whom he met while in graduate school at The University of Illinois. They have one son, Chase Ari Dirden. His brother is Jason Dirden, also an actor. They frequently appear in plays together.
- Dirden, Brandon. "Brandon J. Dirden".
- "Brandon Dirden has a realistic new take on Martin Luther King Jr. in Robert Schenkkan's 'All the Way'". New York Daily News. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "New York 58th Annual Obies Awards – May 20, 2013 @ Webster Hall". Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- "AUDELCO". Archived from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Theatre World Awards – Theatre World Awards". AUDELCO.
- "Nominees - Drama Desk Awards". Retrieved June 8, 2022.
- "Brother Act: Brandon J. and Jason Dirden Take the Stage in All The Way and A Raisin in the Sun – Playbill".
- Brandon J. Dirden at the Internet Broadway Database
- Brandon J. Dirden at IMDb
- Brandon J. Dirden at the Internet Off-Broadway Database