August 24, 1983 |
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||345 lb (156 kg)|
|High school:||Dayton (OH) Chaminade-Julienne|
|Career NFL statistics|
Brandon McKinney (born August 24, 1983) is an American football nose tackle who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at Michigan State. He graduated from Chaminade-Julienne High School.
San Diego Chargers
Brandon McKinney made his NFL debut for the San Diego Chargers in 2006. He was a quality backup nose tackle for two seasons there. McKinney was released by the Chargers on October 4, 2008 following the return of suspended linebacker Stephen Cooper.
McKinney was signed by the Baltimore Ravens on October 8, 2008 after nose tackle Kelly Gregg was placed on season-ending injured reserve. McKinney, then #68, recovered a fumble from Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.
McKinney was re-signed by the Ravens on February 17, 2009, preventing him from becoming a restricted free agent in the offseason.
In December 2009, the Ravens placed McKinney (now back to #91, which he wore for the San Diego Chargers) on injured reserve due to a back injury after just two tackles in 2009. In 2010, he would come back from injury and record 10 tackles for the Baltimore Ravens.
McKinney signed with the Indianapolis Colts on April 4, 2012. On August 6, 2013, McKinney was released with an injury settlement. On June 19, 2014, McKinney was re-signed by the Colts, but the Colts cut McKinney on August 30, 2014.
- Chargers.com - Team » Roster » #91 Brandon McKinney | DT Archived September 20, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Hensley, Jamison (December 20, 2009). "Bears arrive in Baltimore". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- Report: Colts add DT McKinney Archived April 8, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Florio, Mike (August 6, 2013). "Colts release Brandon McKinney from IR". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Indianapolis Colts sign NT Brandon McKinney