Brandon T. Timinsky
|Education||University of Miami, Florida International University|
|Known for||Founder of SadaPay|
Brandon Timinsky is an American entrepreneur and public speaker. Brandon co-founded GasNinjas, a fuel delivery startup acquired by Silicon Valley-based Exajoule. Timinsky's previous projects include a digital agency, social media marketing services, two real estate technology platforms, wearables, and an automotive focused e-commerce business.
Early life and education
Timinsky was born and raised in Miami, FL. While a freshman in high-school at Gulliver Schools, he taught himself basic programming skills and started his first business at the age of 15, a viral third-party application on Twitter for gaining followers.[self-published source?] Timinsky went on to study Economics at Florida International University and then continued to the University of Miami Business School for Marketing, but dropped out to pursue his business endeavors.
In 2018, an old friend from university invited Timinsky to visit Pakistan. Attracted to the high rate of smartphone adoption and a sizable unbanked population, Timinsky decided to launch a neobank to disrupt local banking by targeting Pakistan's freelancer and remittances markets. About 87% of Pakistanis are excluded from the formal financial system.
In partnership with MasterCard, SadaPay is issuing physical debit cards tied to a digital wallet. Brandon is joined by senior-level Pakistani ex-bankers, and a foreign technology team which includes the former CTO of Gojek's financial services division. Retired Finance Secretary, Waqar Masood Khan, serves as SadaPay's Chairman of the Board.
- Torres, Carla (July 2016). "Making GasNinjas an Overnight Success". Soho House Magazine No. 35. London, U.K.: ThinkPublishing.co.uk.
- GasNinjas Acquisition Announcement in Haute Living Magazine
- "GasNinjas App Provides On-Demand Fuel Delivery to South Florida Residents". Oceandrive.com. Archived from the original on 18 October 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2021.
- NBC6 Features Segment on On-demand Fuel Delivery App
- Miami Herald - 6 takeaways from Startup Grind talk by GasNinjas co-founder
- Hassan, Taimoor (2020-04-04). "What's an American serial entrepreneur doing in Pakistan? Changing the way you bank, that's what". Profit by Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- Talal, Syed. "This US Entrepreneur Wants to Disrupt International Payments in Pakistan". Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "SadaPay to offer online payments through MasterCard network, international deposits". The Nation. 2020-02-06. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Pakistan based Online Payments Fintech SadaPay Now Approved by State Bank to Launch Pilot Operations". Crowdfund Insider. 27 December 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- July 2020, 6th (2020-07-06). "Pakistani fintech SadaPay lands CTO from Indonesian unicorn Gojek". FinTech Futures. Retrieved 2020-08-24.
- Hassan, Taimoor (2020-02-05). "SadaPay, another mobile wallet, aims to disrupt local banking". Profit by Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Pakistani fintech SadaPay gets in-principle approval from country's central bank to launch mobile wallet". MENAbytes. 2020-04-27. Retrieved 2020-08-24.