Underwood in 2011
June 24, 1986 |
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||197 lb (89 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 187|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Brandon Dante Underwood (born June 24, 1986) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round of the 2009 NFL Draft and would later be a part of their Super Bowl XLV championship team over the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played college football at Cincinnati.
After going to Hamilton High School, Underwood spent his first two years at Ohio State, where he was redshirted as a freshman in 2005. He played in the season opener against Miami, recording three tackles before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury. After his sophomore season, Underwood transferred to Cincinnati, where he earned first-team All-Big East honors in his senior season, recording 4 interceptions including one of Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford.
Green Bay Packers
Underwood was selected in the sixth round (187th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Packers.
He was released on September 3, 2011.
On January 9, 2014, Underwood signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He was released by the Argonauts on August 31, 2014. On May 30, 2015, Underwood re-signed with the Toronto Argonauts. He was a free agent after the 2015 season.
- "Green Bay Packers: Brandon Underwood". www.packers.com.
- "Brandon Underwood among early Packer cuts". ProFootballTalk.com.
- "Raiders sign Brandon Underwood - NFLTradeRumors.co". nfltraderumors.co. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Brandon Underwood, CB, Free Agent". Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Brandon Underwood | Lakota Tomahawks". leagueathletics.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Dallas Cowboys release nine players". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "2014 TRANSACTIONS". argonauts.ca. Archived from the original on August 2, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "2016 Free Agent Tracker". CFL.ca. 2016-02-07. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Transactions". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on December 26, 2014. Retrieved November 1, 2014.