Brandywine High School
|Brandywine High School|
1400 Foulk Road
|Teaching staff||76 |
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
|Athletics conference||Blue Hen Conference - Flight B|
|Newspaper||The Brandywine Line|
Brandywine offers 22 Advanced Placement courses, and 22 Honors level courses.
Brandywine High School changed to block scheduling at the beginning of the 2014–15 school year. This allows students to be able to earn eight credits each year instead of the seven previously possible.
In 2008, Brandywine ranked No. 711 in Newsweek's top 1300 high schools, which uses a ratio of the number of AP, IB and/or Cambridge tests taken by all students at a school divided by the number of graduating seniors.
Brandywine is a member of the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association (DIAA). The Bulldogs compete in Flight B of the Blue Hen Conference with a full slate of teams in all three sports seasons:
- Dexter Boney, basketball player, Phoenix Suns
- Dennis Brockenborough, musician, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- John Gallagher Jr., Tony Award-winning actor
- Joan Goodfellow, film, television, and stage actress; mezzo-soprano
- Sean Patrick Thomas, actor
- George Thorogood, musician
- Christopher Voigt, synthetic biology pioneer and MIT professor
- "Brandywine High School - Staff Directory". Brandywine High School. Archived from the original on 2010-08-17.
- "Brandywine High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- "Brandywine High School - School Profiles". Delaware State Department of Education.
- "Brandywine High School - Academic Overview". Brandywine High School. Archived from the original on 2010-08-17.
- "America's Top Public High Schools 2008". Newsweek. 2008-05-17.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program Archived March 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine