|Birth name||João Barbosa|
|Also known as||Branko|
|Associated acts||Buraka som Sistema|
His debut album as Branko, ‘Atlas’, was released in 2015 — inspired by his travels around Cape Town, New York, Amsterdam and São Paulo — and featured collaborations with Princess Nokia and DJ Sliink and with Rodes Rollins on the track 'Out Of Sight (So Right). The album was documented in a Web Series entitled ‘Atlas Unfolded’.
Branko also oversees a monthly radio show on NTS, ‘Enchufada Na Zona’, which is broadcast live from the label's headquarters in Lisbon, and formed the inspiration for a compilation of the same name.
Branko won the 2016 Red Bull Music Academy Culture Clash in Lisbon, with his Club Atlas team against Portugal's top DJ crews. The forty-five minute set opened with a rework of the song So Get Up using the original 1993 a cappella, written and recorded by Californian, Ithaka Darin Pappas.
- "Buraka Som Sistema". 6 April 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2017 – via Wikipedia.
- "Rodes Rollins Arrives With Stunning Debut Single 'Young & Thriving': Exclusive Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Red Bull Music Academy". daily.redbullmusicacademy.com. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "This Pantsula-Infused Video From Branko, Nonku Phiri & Mr. Carmack Is Beautiful & Moving". okayafrica.com. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "The FADER - Branko". The FADER. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "M.I.A. Announces New Song "GOALS" - Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Red Bull Music Academy". www.redbullmusicacademy.com. Retrieved 8 June 2017.