21 September 1957 |
Osijek, Croatia, FPR Yugoslavia
Branko Schmidt (born 21 September 1957 in Osijek) is an acclaimed Croatian film director. His 2012 film Cannibal Vegetarian was selected as the Croatian entry for the Best Foreign Language Oscar at the 85th Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
- Sokol Did Not Love Him (Sokol ga nije volio) (1988)
- Đuka Begović (1991)
- Vukovar: The Way Home (Vukovar se vraća kući) (1994)
- Christmas in Vienna (Božić u Beču) (1997)
- The Old Oak Blues (Srce nije u modi) (2000)
- Queen of the Night (Kraljica noći) (2001)
- The Melon Route (Put lubenica) (2006)
- Metastases (Metastaze) (2009)
- Vegetarian Cannibal (Ljudožder vegetarijanac) (2012)
- Ungiven (Imena višnje) (2015)
- "'Ljudožder vegetarijanac' je hrvatski kandidat za Oscara". HAVC. 14 September 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Ljudožder vegetarijanac' je hrvatski kandidat za Oscara HAVC. 14 September 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Branko Schmidt Shooting Names for the Cherry filmneweurope.com, June 13, 2014.
|This article about a Croatian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|