||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Branko Tomovic in Red
June 17, 1980 |
Branko Tomović (Serbian Cyrillic: Бранко Томовић; born June 17, 1980) is a German-Serbian actor. He was born in Münster, Germany, though his actual origin is from the Carpathians in Serbia. His parents emigrated in the '70s from the Golubac Fortress area on the Danube and Branko was raised between Germany and Serbia before he studied acting at the prestigious Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in New York City. Tomović was first seen on the big screen in the lead role in the American Film Institute/Sundance drama Remote Control, for which he received the OmU-Award at the Potsdam Film Festival. Currently settled in London, with his dark, brooding looks he has appeared in striking roles on British Television. He played the creepy main suspect Antoni Pricha, the Morgue Man, in Jack the Ripper thriller Whitechapel, the pyromaniac Junky-Henchman Marek Lisowski in the final episodes of A Touch of Frost and Polish fighter pilot Miroslaw Feric in the World War II drama The Untold Battle of Britain. Tomovic has worked with internationally respected film directors as Ken Loach, Sönke Wortmann and Paul Greengrass. He was named "One to Watch" by Moviescope Magazine in 2008 and recent film credits include The Bourne Ultimatum opposite Matt Damon (Dir. Paul Greengrass), It's a Free World... (Dir. Ken Loach), The Wolf Man (Dir. Joe Johnston), Pope Joan (Dir. Sönke Wortmann) and Interview with a Hitman (Dir. Perry Bhandal). In 2010, he won the 'Best Actor' Award at the San Francisco Short Film Festival and at The Accolade Film Awards for his performance as a Serbian soldier who is tormented by grief and guilt after being a witness of war crimes in the drama Inbetween. He also stars opposite Debbie Harry in Jimmy Cauty's Road movie Believe the Magic and Steve Stone's ghost thriller Entity with Dervla Kirwan and Charlotte Riley. Entity won two awards at the London Independent Film Festival 2013 and Best Film at the British Horror Film Festival where Branko was also nominated for Best Actor. The British Filmmakers Alliance honoured him as Best International Actor for his role and he was also chosen as a Rising Star by Icon Magazine. He is set to play the title character of Nikola Tesla in the upcoming bio-pic Tesla. In 2014, he played Jack Bauer's right-hand man, the mysterious and dangerous Belcheck, next to Kiefer Sutherland in 24: Live Another Day. He was also seen opposite Brad Pitt and Logan Lerman in David Ayer's WWII drama Fury. In 2016 Tomovic made his directorial debut with Red, a short dark thriller set in the underground world of illegal organ trade. Branko stars in the lead role Niklas alongside Dervla Kirwan and Francesca Fowler. The Film has played numerous prestigious festivals, e.g. screening at the San Diego International Film Festival, Tangier International Film Festival, the European Film Award qualifying International Short Film Festival in Drama, and picking up awards and nominations at Kraljevski Filmski Festival, the Maverick Movie Awards and Naperville Independent Film Festival.
- Maverick Movie Awards 2016 - Best Actor for "Red"
- Kraljevski Filmski Festival 2016 - Best Short Film for "Red"
- Naperville Independent Film Festival 2016 - Best Short Film Nomination for "Red"
- Icon Magazine 2013 - "Rising Star"
- British Horror Film Festival Award 2013 Nomination - Best Actor for "Entity"
- The British Filmmakers Alliance Award 2013 - Best International Actor for "Entity"
- Philadelphia Documentary & Fiction Film Festival 2011 - Best Actor for "The Crossmaker"
- Goldie Film Awards 2010 - Special Award for Best Actor for "The Crossmaker"
- San Francisco Short Film Festival Award 2010 - Best Actor for "Inbetween"
- The Accolade Film Awards 2010 - Best Leading Actor for "Inbetween"
- MovieScope Magazine 2008 - "One to Watch"
- Potsdam Film Festival 2002 - OmU-Award for "Remote Control"
- Red (2016)
- City of Tiny Lights (2016)
- 24: Live Another Day (2014)
- Fury (2014)
- Law and Order UK (2013)
- Silent Witness (2013)
- Ein Fall für zwei - Adams Sünde (2013)
- Entity (2012)
- Believe the Magic (2012)
- Interview with a Hitman (2012)
- Strike Back (2011) (TV)
- Coming Up - Home (2011) (TV)
- Will (2011)
- Tatort (2011) (TV)
- Polizeiruf 110 (2010) (TV)
- The Untold Battle of Britain (2010) (TV)
- A Touch of Frost (2010) (TV)
- Pope Joan (2009)
- The Wolfman (2010)
- Whitechapel (2009) (TV)
- Inbetween (2008)
- Into the Woods (2008)
- Taximan (2008)
- Casualty (2008) (TV)
- The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
- It's a Free World... (2007)
- The Bill (2007) (TV)
- Amor Fati (2005)
- Dirty Seed (2005)
- Casualty (2005) (TV)
- Siska (2003) (TV)
- Bella Block (2002) (TV)
- Remote Control (2001)