March 19, 1975 |
Rochester, New York, United States
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Heavy metal, progressive metal, sludge metal, experimental metal, mathcore, technical death metal|
|Instruments||Drums, vocals, percussion|
|Labels||Relapse, Reprise, Roadrunner|
|Associated acts||Lethargy, Today Is the Day, Mastodon, Arcadea|
Brann Timothy Dailor (born March 19, 1975 in Rochester, NY) is an American drummer/singer best known as a member of the Atlanta, Georgia metal band Mastodon, in which he is the drummer, backing vocalist, lead vocalist and primary lyricist. Dailor first started playing in a band called Evisceration from 1991 to 1993, when the band broke up. Dailor was also a founding member of mathcore band Lethargy, and the progressive dreamfunk band Gaylord and played with Today Is the Day.
Game of Thrones appearance
Brann Dailor, Bill Kelliher, and Brent Hinds portrayed "wildlings" on S05E08 episode of Game of Thrones, which was filmed in Belfast in Northern Ireland. As previously reported, the band's original song "White Walker" is featured on the Game of Thrones mixtape Catch the Throne Vol. 2, but in the instance of their physical appearance, a press release from Reprise Records reports that the band was personally invited to participate in the show by Game of Thrones executive producer Dan Weiss, who is a fan of the band.
Grammys 2015 appearance
Brann Dailor made quite the scene when he appeared in a wild balloon suit from OppoSuits at the 2015 Grammys. Together with Brent Hinds who sported a full Dodgers outfit they made several headlines.
- Drums – Tama Starclassic Performer B/B
- 22x18 Bass Drum
- 10x8 Tom
- 12x9 Tom
- 13x10 Tom
- 16x16 Floor Tom
- 14x6 Starphonic Brass Snare Drum
- Cymbals – Meinl
- 14" Mb20 Heavy Soundwave Hi-Hat
- 18" Mb20 Heavy Crash
- 20" Mb20 Heavy Crash
- 8" Classics Medium Bell
- 21" Mb8 Ghost Ride
- Drumheads – Evans
- Bass: EQ3 Clear – EQ3 Reso Black
- Toms: G2 Clear – G1 Clear
- Snare: Power Center Snare Batter – 300 Snare Side
- Hardware – Tama
- Tama Speed Cobra Double Bass Pedal
- Tama Iron Cobra Lever-Glide Hi-Hat Stand
- Tama 1st Chair Ergo-Rider Drum Throne
- Fondling the Dead (Demo) (1992)
- It's Hard to Write with a Little Hand (1996) – Drums
Sparkling Cool (1998)
Today is the Day
- In the Eyes of God (1999) – Drums
- Remission (2002) – Drums
- Leviathan (2004) – Drums
- Blood Mountain (2006) – Drums, backing vocals
- Crack the Skye (2009) – Drums, percussions, vocals
- The Hunter (2011) – Drums, percussions, vocals
- Once More 'Round the Sun (2014) – Drums, percussion, vocals
- "Brann Dailor profile". Meinl Cymbals. Archived from the original on February 18, 2012. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- Monger, James Christopher. "Biography: Mastodon". Allmusic. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Evisceration". Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Biography: Lethargy". Allmusic. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Brann Dailor – Metal Storm". Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "GAYLORD". Progarchives.com. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Kennedy, Patrick. "Biography: Today Is the Day". Allmusic. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- "Check Out 8-bit Side-Project From Mastodon's Brann Dailor | Music News @". Ultimate-guitar.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Mastodon Portray "Wildlings" on Game of Thrones". Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Note To Other Bands - This Is What You Wear To The Grammys". Nme.com. 2015-02-09. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "What to wear to the Grammy awards, according to the band Mastodon.". 9GAG.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Grammys 2015: Polka dots, Dodger uniforms and a lotta blue". Los Angeles Times. 2015-02-08. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "MASTODON's Brann Dailor Wins Best Dressed at The Grammys And Other Metal Notes". Metal Injection. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Tama Drums profile". Tama Drums. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "Meinl Cymbals profile". Meinl Cymbals. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "Evans Drumheads profile". D'Addario. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "Vater Percussion profile". Vater Percussion. Retrieved May 29, 2015.