Branson School of Entrepreneurship
|Founders||Richard Branson, Taddy Blecher|
|Executive Director Judi Sandrock|
|Affiliations||CIDA City Campus, Virgin Unite,|
The Branson School of Entrepreneurship (BSE) was founded in 2006 as partnership between Taddy Blecher and Richard Branson in Johannesburg, South Africa as part of the non-profit foundation, Virgin Unite. By 2009 the school had given financial mentoring and training to 4,100 students. The school's managing director was James Wanjohi and Virgin Unite was considering additional schools in the United States, Britain and Kenya at that time. In January Branson visited the school to give awards and recognition to selected students.
The school's goal is to stimulate local economies by training and mentoring disadvantaged youth. As of 2006, BSE training was part of the curriculum at CIDA City Campus serving 800 youths per year. The BSE provides financial support, in the form of "seed money" loans, for the most well conceived business plans of each class.
- Unknown author. "Branson School of Entrepreneurship". Virgin Unite. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Staff writer (October 27, 2005). "Richard Branson opens entrepreneur school in Joburg". The Good News. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014.
- Branson, Richard (November 22, 2010). "Richard Branson on the Myth of the Lone-Wolf Entrepreneur". Entrepreneur. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Ruddick, Graham (July 25, 2009). "Sir Richard Branson teaches African entrepreneurs Dragons' Den-style". The Telegraph. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Unknown author. "Sir Richard Branson visits the Branson School of Entrepreneurship C". IOL News.
- Staff reporter (January 11, 2009). "Mail & Guardian News Opinion Business Arts & Culture Education Sci-Tech Multimedia Special Reports In The Paper zapiro Partners Business Africa Business Branson dares young entrepreneurs to dream". Mail & Guardian. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Mdluli, Ayanda (February 3, 2011). "Branson in SA to encourage entrepreneurs In News". Entrepreneurial Business School. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "Sir Richard Branson Launches Branson Centre Of Entrepreneurship In Jamaica". Huffington Post. September 8, 2011. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Couglan, Sean (November 8, 2005). "Branson backs African students". BBC. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- O'Reilly, Tammy (October 27, 2005). "Branson school for small business". South Africa. Retrieved July 3, 2014.