|Owner||Duvel Moortgat Brewery|
The Brasserie d'Achouffe is a Belgian brewery based in Achouffe. It was founded in 1982 by two brothers-in-law, Pierre Gobron and Christian Bauweraerts, as a hobby. In September 2006, the brewery was sold to the Duvel Moortgat brewery group.
In the late 1970s, the two brothers-in-law, Pierre Gobron and Chris Bauweraerts, decided to create their own beer, in their own brewery. On the 27th of August 1982, with less than €5,000, they made the first 49-litre mash tub. At first seen as a hobby, the Achouffe Brewery developed to such an extent that one after the other, Pierre and Chris decided work on it full time. They then decided to expand to the Netherlands. In the late summer of 2006, Duvel-Moortgat Brewery purchased the brewery.
The brewery produces 300,000 hectoliters of beer a year, which it exports to 72 countries.
Brasserie d'Achouffe produces several different beers, including:
- La Chouffe, a blond beer (8% ABV), available in 33cl and 75cl bottles, magnum (called "Big Chouffe") and 20l barrels.
- Mc Chouffe, a Scotch ale (brown beer, 8.0% ABV), available in 33cl and 75cl bottles, and in 20l barrels.
- Houblon Chouffe, a heavily hopped ale (triple beer, 9% ABV), available in 33cl and 75cl bottles, and in 20l barrels.
- N'Ice Chouffe, a winter beer (brown, 10% ABV), available in 33cl and 75cl bottles or in 20l barrels.
- Chouffe Bok 6666, an amber ale known as bockbeer (6,66% ABV), available in autumn in 33cl and 75cl bottles and barrels, only available in the Netherlands.
- Chouffe Soleil, a seasonal beer, made during the summer (6% ABV).
- "Cherry Chouffe", a cherry flavoured ale (8%).
It also produces other beverages:
- Esprit d'Achouffe, an eau de vie distilled from 5-years-old beer (40% ABV)
- Chouffe Coffee, a liquor made from Esprit d'Achouffe (25% ABV)
- "Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat neemt Brasserie d'Achouffe over". De Standaard.
- "INTERVIEW: BRASSERIE D'ACHOUFFE FOUNDER CHRIS BAUWERAERTS". Retrieved 8 March 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brasserie d'Achouffe.|