Brave: A Warrior's Tale
|Platform(s)||PSP, Xbox 360, Wii|
Brave: A Warrior's Tale is an action-adventure video game developed by Collision Studios and published by Evolved Games and SouthPeak Games for the PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii. The PSP version was shipped to U.S. retailers on August 3, 2009, followed by the Xbox 360 version on August 4, and finally the Wii version on August 10.
Armed with Brave's stories and teachings, as well as various weapons including the Spirit Dancer's Tomahawk and the powerful Warrior's Bow, Courage will battle dangerous creatures such as fierce wolves, fallen warriors and the Wendigo in order to protect his tribe.
"Brave: A Warrior's Tale" is an HD Port of Brave: The Search for Spirit Dancer, a PS2 game from the year 2005; the Wii version is a 1:1 copy of the PS2 with only changed control scheme. Developers renamed it to hide the mediocre reviews Brave received. But still the new remade Xbox 360 HD and the Wii SD version suffers from the same PS2 issues, the only change made in this version is that gameplay is in native 720p resolution and has 4x AA with V-sych turned on.
Tom Price of TeamXbox called the game a "standard third-person action-adventure game" that "lacks all the charm of a Banjo-Kazooie type of world." Price also noticed several game-bugs, stating, "I can’t tell you how many times I fell through solid objects or had the game completely freeze up on me." Price gave the game 2.5/10, accounting for its lowest rating.
Dylan Platt of GameZone gave the same version 5.5/10, saying, "In bringing the game to the 360 [from the PlayStation 2], Collision Studios added some pretty terrible new content, and not a small number of bugs and glitches." Platt also stated that, "The moment-to-moment gameplay of Brave’s sequences are fairly fun (though bugs are far more frequent than they should be), but the beginning and ending Courage segments are frustrating, poorly designed, and ridiculously glitchy."
- "Brave: A Warrior's Tale Now Available for Xbox 360 and Wii". SouthPeak Games. 2009-08-11. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- "Brave: A Warrior's Tale Critic Reviews for Wii". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "Brave: A Warrior's Tale Critic Reviews for Xbox 360". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Watters, Chris (2009-08-21). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale (X360)". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Hayward, Andrew (2009-08-25). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale review". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- Platt, Dylan (2009-09-02). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale - 360 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Onyett, Charles (2009-08-11). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale Review (X360)". IGN. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Onyett, Charles (2009-08-13). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale Review (Wii)". IGN. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Goergen, Andy (2009-09-29). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Brave: A Warrior's Tale". Official Xbox Magazine: 74. October 2009.
- Price, Tom (2009-08-07). "Brave: A Warrior's Tale Review (Xbox 360)". TeamXbox. Archived from the original on 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2014-05-24.