This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Designer(s)||3G Studios, Inc|
|Release date(s)||February 2010|
|Genre(s)||First Person Shooter|
Brave Arms is a 3D social shooter available on the popular social networking platform, Facebook. Brave Arms simulates action packed gameplay from traditional console games, but also allows players to create and customize their avatars and weapons as they play with Facebook friends in 3D environments, whether they are across the room or across the world. Players are put in the first-person perspective as they battle in teams or in a death match in different levels.
Brave Arms went into closed-beta Spring 2010 and opened the beta version July 2010. Game features and content are being added on a weekly basis, along with technical fixes that open beta testers encounter.
Open Beta Game Features
- Death Match: Every player against one another in a 3-minute match. The player with the highest number of kills and the lowest number of deaths is declared the MVP of the match.
- Team Death Match: Players are split up into 2 teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team, in a 3-minute match. The team with the most kills wins the match while the player with the highest number of kills and the lowest number of deaths is declared the MVP of the match.
The Brave Arms community has a chance to name a level every time a new play space is introduced to the game. Some of the selected level names include “Frostbite” for the Arctic level, “Mayan Not Yours” for the Mayan Temple level, and most recently, “Altitude” for the Airbase level.
Characters in Brave Arms are customizable from head to toe. Players can choose from various hair styles, hats, shirts, face masks, jackets, pants, skirts, dresses, gloves, and shoes. The occasional full body costume is available as well, from a banana to a bear pelt suit.
A select weapon base seems required when it comes to First Person Shooters. Brave Arms takes the basics and lets players choose from an assault rifle, submachine gun, sniper rifle, or a shotgun as a primary weapon before each match played. Players are also equipped with a pistol as a secondary weapon by default. Melee weapons add to the zaniness that is Brave Arms by offering a variety of fun, out-of-this-world options. From drum cymbals to a guitar, meat cleaver to a pillow. These weapons are sure to make any battle come with a laugh or two. Players also come equipped with grenades to add to the mix.
|32-Bit||64-Bit||Service Pack 1||Service Pack 2||Service Pack 3|
|Windows XP Home||X||X|
|Windows XP Professional||X||X|
|Windows Vista Home||X||X||X||X|
|Windows Vista Ultimate||X||X||X||X|
|Windows 7 Home||X||X|
|Windows 7 Professional||X||X|
|Windows 7 Ultimate||X||X|
- A First-Person Shooter... for Facebook, CVG, February 5, 2010
- Brave Arms on Facebook
- Preview: 3G Studios Bringing First-Person Shooter, Brave Arms to Facebook, Inside Social Games, July 14, 2010
- Supported Systems and Browsers, Official Brave Arms Wiki