|Publisher(s)||Rock Hippo Productions Ltd. & Weezor Inc.|
|Release||December 15, 2011|
Brawl Busters was a free-to-play Online Multiplayer Action video game developed by Korean developer, SkeinGlobe, and published by Toronto-based publisher, Rock Hippo Productions, for the PC. The game was officially released on December 15, 2011, and the servers were closed on September 4, 2013.
Brawl Busters, "formerly known as Project Plan B", is an action brawler that featured competitive and co-operative battle modes all in a third person view. "With its simple and intuitive controls, this easy to pick up and play game makes team strategy a must as player's battle against each other or team up against computer controlled enemies". Brawl Busters also features a tutorial, various missions, leaderboards and stats tracking.
Rock Hippo Productions had released a series of Brawl Busters Lessons to familiarize players with the game. The Lessons, showcasing the five character classes and more, were initially. More lessons were planned in future updates, but they were never released.
Brawl Busters features five different character classes, called Busters, including the Firefighter, the Rocker, the Boxer, the Blitzer, and the Slugger. The game offers seven maps and a wide variety of character customization options.
Firefighter handles a fire hose to spray nearby opponents with a powerful blast of water. Slow-moving firefighters have a high HP rating and their secondary attack has the longest range in the game. Their special attack creates a temporary defensive barrier.
Rockers have a high movement rating and are great all-around combatants. They can either swing their guitar for deadly combos, or strike stunning musical chords for their secondary attack. The rocker's area of effect special attack clears out opponents in a flash.
Boxers are the fastest busters but also have the lowest HP rating. They use boxing gloves to throw powerful punches or charge at opponents fist-first as their secondary attack. The special attack is a wind-up punch which launches flaming gloves damaging opponents in front of a boxer.
Blitzers, with the highest HP rating, are great at fighting multiple enemies. Armed with the football, they tackle their way through opponents or perform a touchdown move as the secondary attack. The special attack lunges them forward in a spin-move followed by a powerful slam.
Wielding a baseball bat, sluggers are effective long-range fighters. They can either swing wildly at their enemies or launch deadly guided baseballs as their secondary attack. A slugger's special attack, one of the strongest in the game, drives a super-charged baseball at the enemy team.
Team and Versus Modes
Brawl Busters offers a Team and Versus Mode, which as of the 16th update was expanded to up to 16-player brawls.
- MicroVolts - Another online multiplayer game by Rock Hippo Productions.
- Team Fortress 2 - Another class based team multiplayer game.
- "Brawl Busters". VillageGamer. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Lesson Trailers". GamersHell. June 24, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2011.
- "Rock Hippo Productions Announces New Online Multiplayer Action Game, Brawl Busters" (Press release). IGN. May 11, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Reveals Character Classes" (Press release). ManaPool. Jun 24, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Review". MMOden. December 16, 2011. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Reveals Character Classes". Yet Another Review Site. June 23, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Lesson #2: Firefighter". YouTube. June 10, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Lesson #3: Rocker". YouTube. June 14, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Lesson #4: Boxer". YouTube. June 17, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Lesson #5: Blitzer". YouTube. June 21, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Brawl Busters Lesson #6: Slugger". YouTube. June 24, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.