Brazil Township, Clay County, Indiana
Location of Brazil Township in Clay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||6.52 sq mi (16.9 km2)|
|• Land||6.46 sq mi (16.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||686 ft (209 m)|
|• Density||1,311/sq mi (506/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453135|
Brazil Township was organized in 1868.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 6.52 square miles (16.9 km2), of which 6.46 square miles (16.7 km2) (or 99.08%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.77%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Brazil (the county seat) (north three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Van Buren Township (northeast)
- Jackson Township (southeast)
- Posey Township (southwest)
- Dick Johnson Township (northwest)
The township contains 4 cemeteries: Old Hill, Stunkard, Otter Creek and Restlawn.
- "Brazil Township, Clay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 84.