Brazil at the 1936 Summer Olympics
|Brazil at the
1936 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Brazilian Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||73 (67 men, 6 women) in 9 sports|
|Flag bearer||Sylvio de Magalhães Padilha|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Sílvio Magalhães Padilha (flagbearer, and future COB president): 5th, 400 metre hurdles
Three cyclists, all male, represented Brazil in 1936.
Six fencers, five men and one woman, represented Brazil in 1936.
Three male pentathletes represented Brazil in 1936.
- 24th, Olympic Monotype
Four shooters represented Brazil in 1936.
- João Havelange (future FIFA president): 5th, 1500m. male
- Piedade Coutinho: 5th, 400m. freestyle female; semifinals, 100m. freestyle female
- Maria Lenk: semifinals, 200m breaststroke female (but garnished some attention with the butterfly swimming).
- Scylla Venancio
- Sieglind Lenk: no finals, 100m backstroke female
- "Brazil at the 1936 Berlin Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Official Olympic Reports
- (in Portuguese)Brazilian Olympic Committee[permanent dead link]
- (in Portuguese) Duarte, Marcelo. O Guia dos Curiosos: Jogos Olímpicos. ISBN 85-87537-56-3
|This article about sports in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1936 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|