Brazilian–Argentine Agency for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials
|Agência Brasileiro-Argentina de Contabilidade e Controle de Materiais Nucleares (in Portuguese)|
Agencia Brasileño-Argentina de Contabilidad y Control de Materiales Nucleares (in Spanish)
|Formed||July 18, 1991|
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro|
|Source: Brazilian-Argentine Agency for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials|
The Brazilian–Argentine Agency for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials (ABACC; Portuguese: Agência Brasileiro-Argentina de Contabilidade e Controle de Materiais Nucleares; Spanish: Agencia Brasileño-Argentina de Contabilidad y Control de Materiales Nucleares) is a binational safeguards agency playing an active role in the verification of the peaceful use of nuclear materials that could be used, either directly or indirectly, for the manufacture of weapons of mass destruction.
Nuclear cooperation between Argentina and Brazil traces back to 1986 with the signature of a protocol about immediate sharing of information and mutual assistance in case of nuclear accidents and radiological emergencies  The warm personal relationship that existed between Argentina's democratically elected president Raul Alfonsin and his Brazilian counterpart, João Figueiredo, further catalyzed the deepening of relations which is now understood to have begun under their authoritarian predecessors.
The ABACC was created on July 18, 1991 and is the only binational safeguards organization existing in the world and the first binational organization created by Argentina and Brazil.
As a regional agency dealing with safeguards, its main goal is guaranteeing Argentina, Brazil and the international community that all the nuclear materials are used exclusively for peaceful purposes.
- Argentine Atomic Energy Commission (CNEA)
- Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission (CNEN)
- Brazil and weapons of mass destruction
- Argentina and weapons of mass destruction
- Argentina–Brazil relations
- Institute of Nuclear Materials Management
- Brazilian-Argentine Agency for Accounting and Control of Nuclear Materials Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- "CNEA DECADA 1980/1989". Archived from the original on 2010-10-14. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "NPIHP Partner Hosts Conference on Brazil's and Argentina's Nuclear History"
- Center for the Development of Nuclear Technology (CDTN)
- Eletronuclear - Eletrobrás Termonuclear S.A.
- Energy and Nuclear Research Institute (IPEN)
- Indústrias Nucleares do Brasil (INB)
- Ministry of Foreign Relations (MRE)
- Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT)
- National Nuclear Energy Commission (CNEN)
- Nuclear Engineering Institute (IEN)
- Radiation Protection and Dosimetry Institute (IRD)
- The Navy’s Technological Center in São Paulo (CTMSP)
- Bariloche Atomic Center (CAB)
- Combustibles Nucleares Argentinos (Conuar)
- Constituyentes Atomic Center (CAC)
- Ezeiza Atomic Center (CAE)
- Investigación Aplicada S.E. (INVAP)
- Ministry of Foreign Relations, International Trade and Worship (MREyC)
- National Atomic Energy Commission (CNEA)
- Nuclear Regulatory Authority (ARN)
- Nucleoeléctrica Argentina S.A. (NASA)
- Brazil and Argentina