Brea Olinda High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Brea Olinda High School|
Student activity on campus, during snack.
|789 Wildcat Way
Brea, California 92821
|School district||Brea Olinda Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Gold and Green|
|Athletics conference||Century League|
Brea Olinda High School is a 9th–12th grade public high school located in Brea, California. Established in 1927, the school was originally located across the street from the Brea Mall in what has become the Brea Marketplace. In 1989, the school moved to its current location on the northern hills of Brea. The school has a current enrollment of approximately 2, 000 students and is part of the Brea Olinda Unified School District.
Eight honors courses and 15 Advanced Placement courses are offered, including AP English Literature, English Language, French, Spanish, European History, American History, Government, Economics, Statistics, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Environmental Science. Many students take an optional seventh period for electives like ROP photography and police science, drawing, ceramics, woodshop, drama, instrumental music and choir. In the fall of 2005, the school launched the Global IT Academy, an accelerated program in emerging technologies enhanced through global partnerships in education and business.
- Kyle Fogg, Class of 2008: Professional basketball player for the Antwerp Giants
- Tommy Gallarda, Class of 2006: NFL Tight End for the Atlanta Falcons
- James Hetfield, Class of 1981: Frontman for heavy metal band Metallica
- Randy Jones, Class of 1969: Major League Baseball Player, 1976 Cy Young Award Winner
- Evan Moore, Class of 2003: NFL football player. Tight End for the Cleveland Browns
- Jeanette Pohlen, Class of 2007: WNBA basketball player for the Indiana Fever