Breabach is a Scottish folk music band formed in 2005. In 2011, they received nominations for ‘Best Group’ at both the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards and the Scots Trad Music Awards (Na Trads) They won Scottish Folk Band of the Year at the 2012 Trads and Live Act of the Year in 2013.
- Calum MacCrimmon – pipes, whistles, bouzouki, vocals
- Megan Henderson – fiddle, vocals
- Henderson is from Fort William. She is involved with the Feisean movement, playing at festivals including Celtic Colours, Canada, Celtic Connections, Scotland and Blas, also in Scotland. Henderson moved to Glasgow in 2007 to study at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. She currently plays with Salsa Celtica.
- Ewan Robertson – guitar, cajon, vocals
- James Duncan Mackenzie – pipes, flute, whistles
- James Lindsay – double bass, vocals
- Lindsay comes from Inverurie in the heart of Aberdeenshire. He graduated with Honours in 2011 from Strathclyde University in Glasgow with a BA Applied Music degree. He combines playing with the band and working as a session musician.
- The Big Spree (2007)
- The Desperate Battle of the Birds (2010)
- Bann (2012)
- Ùrlar (2013)
- Astar (2016)
- Frenzy of the Meeting (2018)
The band has performed at events such as Fairport's Cropredy Convention, Isle of Skye Music Festival, Shrewsbury Folk Festival, the Edinburgh Fringe and WOMAD. It has received reviews in numerous publications including Songlines, fRoots and The Scotsman.
- Breabach discover a new way of bonding, The Herald article detailing early history and membership of the band
|This article on a Scottish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|