- Not to be confused with the British DJ Ben Westbeech, who also goes by the name Breach.
|Labels||Burning Heart Records / Relapse Records, Chrome Saint Magnus, Apocaplexy Records|
|Associated acts||Fireside, Him Kerosene, Neurosis, ISIS, Cult Of Luna, Refused, The End Will Be Kicks, NEI, Apesex, The Bear Quartet, Randy Brick, Terra Tenebrosa|
Breach was a Swedish post hardcore band.
The band was formed in Luleå in 1993, and released their first full length album in 1995. Pelle Gunnerfeldt from Fireside recorded and mixed several of the group's albums. Shortly after the release of Kollapse the band announced that they had decided to split up. The band played a reunion show in Stockholm on 6 December 2007 and ended the show by destroying all their instruments, leading fans to speculate that this would be the band's final show.
Breach started as a metal influenced hardcore band. The band's later style features a mixture of hardcore, crust punk, post-hardcore, post rock and black/thrash metal. They combine fast metallic parts with clean, atmospheric guitar lines. Their production is a lot rawer and harsher than that of most modern post-hardcore bands.
Members, final line-up
- Tomas Hallbom (Vocals)
- Anders Ekström (Guitar)
- Niklas Quintana (Guitar)
- Johan Gustafsson (Bass)
- Tomas Turunen (Drums)
- Per Nordmark (Drums)
- Magnus Höggren (Bass)
- Kalle Nyman (Bass)
- Jejo Perkovic (Drums)
- Janne Westerberg (Drums)
- Erik Carlsson (Guitar)
- Kristian Andersson (Bass)
- Outlines. Release date: 1994-06-01
- Godbox. Release date: 2002
- Friction. Release date: 1995-10-27
- It's Me God. Release date: 1997-04-28
- Venom. Release date: 1999-05-17
- Kollapse. Release date: 2001-12-03
- "Old Songs vs. New Beats". Release date: 1996-06-01
- Burningheart Breach page
- Relapse Records Breach Page (subscription required)
- Interview with Niklas Quintana after the last show