Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Don Hulette|
|Produced by||Sam Schulman|
|Written by||Terry Chambers|
|Music by||Don Hulette |
|Edited by||Steven Zaillian|
Paragon Films Inc.
|95 min. (approx.)|
|Box office||$12 million|
J.D. (Chuck Norris), a trucker from California, returns from the road to learn that an old friend was assaulted and paralyzed by Sergeant Strode (Don Gentry), a policeman in Texas City, California. He makes inquiries into Texas City and learns that its policemen Strode and Deputy Boles (Ron Cedillos) have a history of "trapping" truckers for a corrupt judge running various rackets in the so-called "City".
When his younger brother Billy (Michael Augenstein) begins working as a trucker, J.D. warns him to stay away from Texas City. But Billy is easily fooled by an officer (Strode) on a CB radio, who pretends he's a fellow trucker.
After Billy disappears, J.D. sets out in search of him. He goes to Texas City and barges in on a city council meeting, wherein Trimmings' stooges boast of their booties. He befriends a waitress, a single mother, working at a diner which overcharges outsiders. After getting into a fight with the owner of the local wrecking yard and accidentally killing him, J.D. is arrested and sentenced to death by Judge Trimmings.
J.D.'s girlfriend tells his fellow truckers what's happened via CB radio. They come to rescue J.D. and Billy and tear the town down.
- Chuck Norris as John David "J.D." Dawes
- George Murdock as Judge Joshua Trimmings
- Terry O'Connor as Arlene Trimmings
- Don Gentry as Sergeant Strode
- John Di Fusco as Arney
- Ron Cedillos as Deputy Boles
- Michael Augenstein as Billy Dawes
- Dan Vandegrift as Wilfred
- Douglas Stevenson as Drake
- Paul Kawecki as Wade
- Larry Feder as George
- Jack Nance as Burton
Norris said he was paid $5,000 to do the film.
Norris was not particularly proud of the film but in 1981 said it was his father's favorite of his movies and "made a lot of money".
In popular culture
- BROESKE, P. H. (1985, May 19). CHUCK NORRIS--AN ALL-AMERICAN HIT. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/154169712?accountid=13902
- Breaker! Breaker! on IMDb, accessed January 16, 2013
- Drooz, A. (1981, Mar 12). Chuck norris aims for stardom. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/152733428?accountid=13902
- on YouTube, May 24, 2007, accessed January 16, 2013
- "RiffTrax Breaker! Breaker! Page", March 21, 2013.