|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2009)|
|Created by||Cori Stern|
|Directed by||John Bell
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||44|
|Executive producer(s)||Lance H. Robbins
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Shavick Entertainment
|Original network||YTV (Canada)
Fox Kids (UK)
|Original release||September 15, 1997– March 30, 1998|
Breaker High is a Canadian teen comedy-drama series that ran from 1997 to 1998, airing on YTV in Canada and on UPN in the United States. The series was created by Cori Stern, while SciFi veteran David Winning directed the pilot and seven episodes of the series.
The series is set at a high school located on a cruise ship, allowing the episodes to be set in a variety of exotic locations, although the series was, in fact, filmed entirely in Burnaby, British Columbia. The show dealt with teen issues such as dating, finances, and friendship, although the series tended to steer away from the "tougher" situations (Pregnancy, Sexuality, etc.) outlined in other teen dramas at the time.
Cast and characters
The cast consisted primarily of eight teens, with a few additional actors portraying adult characters.
- Alex Pineda - The athlete. Played by Kyle Alisharan.
- Ashley Dupree - The Southern belle/Princess. Played by Terri Conn.
- Sean Stanley Hanlon - The wannabe ladies' man/Nerd. Played by Ryan Gosling.
- Cassidy Cartwright - The preppy tomboy hottie. Played by Wendi Kenya.
- Jimmy Mortimor Farrell - The lovable clown. Played by Tyler Labine.
- Max Ballard - The brooding, moody son of the ship's captain. Played by Scott Vickaryous.
- Denise Williams - The academic overachiever/Feminist. Played by Persia White.
- Tamira Goldstein - The quirky misfit/Flower child. Played by Rachel Wilson.
- Ana Mitchell - The teacher. Played by Anne Openshaw.
- Captain Ballard - The captain of the ship and father to Max. Played by Andrew Airlie.
- Tony Gifford - The student activities counselor. Played by Richard Ian Cox.
- Nigel Mumford - The cook. Played by Bernard Cuffling.
- "Sun Ahso Rises"
- "Pranks for the Memories"
- "Mayhem on the Orient Distress"
- "Don't Get Curried Away"
- "Kenya Dig It?"
- "Tomb with a View"
- "Radio Daze"
- "Beware of Geeks Baring Their Gifts"
- "Belly of the Beast"
- "Rooming Violations"
- "Chateau L'Feet J'mae"
- "Out with the Old, In with the Shrew"
- "Tamira is Another Day"
- "For Pizza's Sake"
- "Kissin' Cousins"
- "The Caber Guy"
- "When In Rome..."
- "Silence of the Lamborghini"
- "All Seeing Bull's Eye"
- "Squall's Well that Ends Well"
- "That Lip-Synching Feeling"
- "Yoo Hoo, Mr. Palace Lifeguard"
- "Two Seans Don't Make a Right"
- "Tamira Has Two Faces"
- "Swiss You Were Here"
- "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Post Office"
- "Some You Win, Some You Luge"
- "Stowing Pains"
- "Moon Over Tamira"
- "He Shoots, He Scores"
- "Jimmy Behaving Badly"
- "Regret Me Nots"
- "New Kids on the Deck"
- "Six Degrees of Humiliation" (Part 1)
- "Don't Go Breakin' My Art" (Part 2)
- "Worth Their Waste in Gold"
- "The Deck's Files"
- "Rasta La Vista"
- "Max-He-Can Hat Dance"
- "Kiss of the Shy-er Woman"
- "Lord of the Butterflies"
- "Chile Dog"
- "Heartbreaker High"
- "To Kill a Mocking Nerd"