Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up breakwater or break water in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Breakwater may refer to:
- Breakwater (structure), a structure for protecting a beach or harbour
- Breaking the water or water breaking, a term for the rupture of membranes during pregnancy
- Breakwater, Victoria, a suburb of Geelong, Victoria, Australia
- Breakwater Islands, Nunavut, Canada
- Breakwater School, a Portland, Maine, pre-school and elementary school founded in 1956
Arts and entertainment
- Breakwater (band), a funk and soul band from the 1970s
- Breakwater (album), a 1988 album by Lennie Gallant
- The Breakwater, an alternative name for the 1670 painting Storm Off a Sea Coast by Jacob van Ruisdael
- USS Breakwater (SP-681), a United States Navy patrol vessel, minesweeper, and tug in commission from 1917 to 1920
- Water break or water stop, a stop for participants to drink water during a long event
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Breakwater.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.