From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up break water or breakwater in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Breakwater may refer to:
- Breakwater (structure), a structure for protecting a beach or harbour
- Breaking the water or water breaking, a term for rupture of membranes
- Breakwater, Victoria, a suburb of Geelong, Victoria, Australia
- Breakwater Islands, Nunavut, Canada
- Breakwater School, a Portland, Maine, pre-school and elementary school founded in 1956
Arts and entertainment
- Breakwater (band), a funk and soul band from the 1970s
- Breakwater (album), a 1988 album by Lennie Gallant
- The Breakwater, an alternative name for the 1670 painting Storm Off a Sea Coast by Jacob van Ruisdael
- USS Breakwater (SP-681), a United States Navy patrol vessel, minesweeper, and tug in commission from 1917 to 1920
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Breakwater.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.